PDA

View Full Version : 754 boards - memory configs

Getho
July 14th 04, 02:51 PM
I'm looking at MSI nforce3 250 or via socket 754 boards.
Am I right in thinking that if I want 400 MHZ Ram I can only use 2 dimm
sockets - or can I have 3 dimms each with 512 mb?

Getho

Getho
July 14th 04, 04:59 PM
Ok Jusst read the chips cant support 3 sticks at 400. So anyone sucessfully
running 2gb Ram?

Geth

"Getho" > wrote in message
> I'm looking at MSI nforce3 250 or via socket 754 boards.
> Am I right in thinking that if I want 400 MHZ Ram I can only use 2 dimm
> sockets - or can I have 3 dimms each with 512 mb?
>
> Getho

jones
July 14th 04, 10:24 PM
It's funny no one likes ECC registered Ram, but that's how you get
large memory sizes.

If you want more than 1Gig, you'd need to use 1Gig sticks and they're
expensive and iffy.

I'd go with Opteron if you want lots of ram.