PDA

View Full Version : FX51 = Show us your s.tats....

FrobinRobin
June 26th 04, 06:07 PM
Hi.. I am in the process of working out various problems with my new
FX51/Asus SK8V.. and will surely POST some questions soon (would this
group take my O/C problems on my FX51? I usually go to
alt.comp.hardware.amd.overclocking)

However ... does anyone out there have the FX51 O/C ?
What set up do you have?
What settings are you using? (if you dont mind telling ;) )
What temp do you run at idle/full ?
What speed do you run at?

I've heard of ppl getting 3Ghz.. which is ludicrously high.. I just
want a nice stable gentle O/C to about 2.6Ghz.
I've brought the CoolerMaster Hiper6 heatsink (monster size) and a
couple of decent fans for air flow but even at I'm getting
38C on the CPU.

Wes Newell
June 27th 04, 08:46 AM
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:07:49 -0700, FrobinRobin wrote:

> I've heard of ppl getting 3Ghz.. which is ludicrously high.. I just
> want a nice stable gentle O/C to about 2.6Ghz.

Don't know where you heard of 3GHz, but it's BS. 2.9G was the highest
Tom's could get with -0C cooling and an FX53.

> I've brought the CoolerMaster Hiper6 heatsink (monster size) and a
> couple of decent fans for air flow but even at I'm getting
> 38C on the CPU.

Consider youself lucky if you get 2.6GHz with the FX51 and air cooling.