PDA

View Full Version : AMD 64 Athlon 3200 +/Motu sound card

News Group
June 24th 04, 09:51 AM
I just built my 64AMD Athlon with MSI/VIA K8M800 chipset. Running so smooth
with XP/SP1 . I love it.
However I'm having a problem with my Motu sound card. It was working fine
before with Intel. Anybody in music business? Have anybody try to do the
same?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Ben Pope
June 25th 04, 01:03 PM
News Group wrote:
> I just built my 64AMD Athlon with MSI/VIA K8M800 chipset. Running so
> smooth with XP/SP1 . I love it.
> However I'm having a problem with my Motu sound card. It was working fine
> before with Intel. Anybody in music business? Have anybody try to do the
> same?

What are your problems?

Which PCI slot is it in?

What devices does it share a PCI bus or other resources with?

What happens when you try other PCI slots?

Ben

News Group
June 25th 04, 03:02 PM
Thanks for respond Ben,

I think my problem is compatibility issue.
I don't have any other device on the PCI slots.
I checked all slots and I get the same results. I'm using PCI -324 sound
card and the driver for this card was created on 2001. Looks like that
doesn't support the new technology. I'm thinking upgrade the 324 to PCI-424
that has a driver written on March of this year with hope that new driver
will be compatible. Any advise or sharing an information will be helpful.

Regard

"Ben Pope" > wrote in message
> News Group wrote:
> > I just built my 64AMD Athlon with MSI/VIA K8M800 chipset. Running so
> > smooth with XP/SP1 . I love it.
> > However I'm having a problem with my Motu sound card. It was working
fine
> > before with Intel. Anybody in music business? Have anybody try to do
the
> > same?
>
> What are your problems?
>
> Which PCI slot is it in?
>
> What devices does it share a PCI bus or other resources with?
>
> What happens when you try other PCI slots?
>
> Ben

Ben Pope
June 25th 04, 03:08 PM
News Group wrote:
> Thanks for respond Ben,
>
> I think my problem is compatibility issue.

What problem!!!!

> I checked all slots and I get the same results

What results!!!

Ben

News Group
June 25th 04, 03:30 PM
After installation when I check the Device Menager I see two PCI devices.
One is working normal that is "Unicon PCI-324" and the other one has yellow
mark on it that is "Wave Driver PCI-324 and.

"Ben Pope" > wrote in message
> News Group wrote:
> > Thanks for respond Ben,
> >
> > I think my problem is compatibility issue.
>
> What problem!!!!
>
> > I checked all slots and I get the same results
>
> What results!!!
>
> Ben

Ben Pope
June 25th 04, 04:10 PM
News Group wrote:
> After installation when I check the Device Menager I see two PCI devices.
> One is working normal that is "Unicon PCI-324" and the other one has
> yellow mark on it that is "Wave Driver PCI-324 and.

Try the latest 424 driver, having looked at the driver .inf there are
various references to the 324, so it appears to support the 324 as well.

There only appears to be one driver for Apple, too.

My suggestion is to remove the existing drivers, reinstall the new one and
then reboot.

Ben

News Group
June 29th 04, 10:45 AM
Ben. You are right. I used the 424's driver and it works. Thanks a lot. I
never would try that bed boy.

Regards,

Jack

"Ben Pope" > wrote in message
> News Group wrote:
> > After installation when I check the Device Menager I see two PCI
devices.
> > One is working normal that is "Unicon PCI-324" and the other one has
> > yellow mark on it that is "Wave Driver PCI-324 and.
>

> Try the latest 424 driver, having looked at the driver .inf there are
> various references to the 324, so it appears to support the 324 as well.
>
> There only appears to be one driver for Apple, too.
>
> My suggestion is to remove the existing drivers, reinstall the new one and
> then reboot.
>
> Ben

Ben Pope
June 29th 04, 06:34 PM
News Group wrote:
> Ben. You are right. I used the 424's driver and it works. Thanks a lot. I
> never would try that bed boy.

Excellent.

I checked the driver site, spotted that the Apple ones were "unified",
downloaded and checked the Windows ones and saw it was worth a go -
sometimes the effort is worth it, especially when I get a thanks.

I guess MOTU forgot to update the 324 driver section - might be worth
emailing them so that others get over the problem.

Ben

News Group
July 1st 04, 08:51 AM
I don't think they will do that. That way nobody will upgrade 324 to 424. I
didn't.

Motu doesn't support 324 anymore. They encourage people to upgrade to 424.