PDA

View Full Version : MicroATX motherboards

RG
June 23rd 04, 11:59 AM
I'm considering the following MBs and would appreciate any comments from
people who have used them.

MSI K8MM-ILSR. Uses a VIA K8M800 chipset

Aopen MK89-L. Uses an nforce 3 150 chipset

Gigabyte GA-K8S760M. Uses an SIS760M chipset

The CPU is an AMD 64 +3200 2.2 Ghz.

The OS will be Win64 EE, perhaps dual booting with Win 2k depending on how
well Win64 EE works with the apps I want to run.

Any experience you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Wes Newell
June 23rd 04, 09:45 PM
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 05:59:20 -0500, RG wrote:

> I'm considering the following MBs and would appreciate any comments from
> people who have used them.
>
> MSI K8MM-ILSR. Uses a VIA K8M800 chipset

Integrated video.

> Aopen MK89-L. Uses an nforce 3 150 chipset

NO intergrated video. Older slower HF3 150 chipset.

> Gigabyte GA-K8S760M. Uses an SIS760M chipset

Integrated video.

> Any experience you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming you want integrated video, I'd get the SIS board. Otherwise, I
wouldn't get any of these. Do you have to have a micro atx board? Probably
the best chipset to date is the nforce3-250. And these ATX boards start at
$85 (without integrated video).

rg
June 23rd 04, 10:59 PM
"Wes Newell" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] .net...
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 05:59:20 -0500, RG wrote:
>
> > I'm considering the following MBs and would appreciate any comments from
> > people who have used them.
> >
> > MSI K8MM-ILSR. Uses a VIA K8M800 chipset
> >
> Integrated video.
>
> > Aopen MK89-L. Uses an nforce 3 150 chipset
> >
> NO intergrated video. Older slower HF3 150 chipset.
>
> > Gigabyte GA-K8S760M. Uses an SIS760M chipset
> >
> Integrated video.
>
> > Any experience you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Assuming you want integrated video, I'd get the SIS board. Otherwise, I
> wouldn't get any of these. Do you have to have a micro atx board? Probably
> the best chipset to date is the nforce3-250. And these ATX boards start at
> $85 (without integrated video).

I already have a Micro atx case. I need a small footprint for this computer.