PDA

View Full Version : RAM help??

spock
June 17th 04, 03:53 PM
Hello Everyone
I have just assembled a new machine
Epox 8KDA3+ Athlon 64 2800 and Ati 9600XT 80Gb Samsung SATA

I keep getting blue screens with the following IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I suspect the Ram any ideas or suggestions?
What brand Ram do I need?

Thank in advance.

Lee.

baskitcaise
June 17th 04, 06:45 PM
spock adjusted his tin foil beanie and asbestos underwear to write:

> Hello Everyone
> I have just assembled a new machine
> Epox 8KDA3+ Athlon 64 2800 and Ati 9600XT 80Gb Samsung SATA
>
> I keep getting blue screens with the following IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
> I suspect the Ram any ideas or suggestions?
> What brand Ram do I need?

This message is usually indicative of a bad driver/firmware trying to
trample on memory addresses it should not have access too, or a kernel
call for to an IRQ that is nonexistent/high and does not always mean
bad ram.

What is the rest of the error, numbers, and driver name if it gives it?

HTH

--
Mark
Iligitimi Non Carborundum!

spock
June 20th 04, 03:46 PM
There is none
I removed one memory stick and the problem went away.
I think it is memory problem.
I need to know what memory will work with my motherboard.
Any ideas?

"baskitcaise" > wrote in message
> spock adjusted his tin foil beanie and asbestos underwear to write:
>
> > Hello Everyone
> > I have just assembled a new machine
> > Epox 8KDA3+ Athlon 64 2800 and Ati 9600XT 80Gb Samsung SATA
> >
> > I keep getting blue screens with the following IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
> > I suspect the Ram any ideas or suggestions?
> > What brand Ram do I need?
>
> This message is usually indicative of a bad driver/firmware trying to
> trample on memory addresses it should not have access too, or a kernel
> call for to an IRQ that is nonexistent/high and does not always mean
> bad ram.
>
> What is the rest of the error, numbers, and driver name if it gives it?
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Mark
> Iligitimi Non Carborundum!
> Twixt hill and high water, N.Wales, UK
> onfxvgpnvfr-ng-tzk-qbg-pb-hx

johny
June 22nd 04, 01:18 AM
If it is in fact memory problem, CorsairXMS Series should work with just
about any motherboard. What you pay is what your get, good quality RAM will
cost you
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-416&depa=0

If you're looking for something cheaper, try something like Kingston
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-424&depa=0

"spock" > wrote in message
u...
> There is none
> I removed one memory stick and the problem went away.
> I think it is memory problem.
> I need to know what memory will work with my motherboard.
> Any ideas?
>
> "baskitcaise" > wrote in message
> > spock adjusted his tin foil beanie and asbestos underwear to write:
> >
> > > Hello Everyone
> > > I have just assembled a new machine
> > > Epox 8KDA3+ Athlon 64 2800 and Ati 9600XT 80Gb Samsung SATA
> > >
> > > I keep getting blue screens with the following IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
> > > I suspect the Ram any ideas or suggestions?
> > > What brand Ram do I need?
> >
> > This message is usually indicative of a bad driver/firmware trying to
> > trample on memory addresses it should not have access too, or a kernel
> > call for to an IRQ that is nonexistent/high and does not always mean
> > bad ram.
> >
> > What is the rest of the error, numbers, and driver name if it gives it?
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > --
> > Mark
> > Iligitimi Non Carborundum!
> > Twixt hill and high water, N.Wales, UK
> > onfxvgpnvfr-ng-tzk-qbg-pb-hx

spock
June 24th 04, 01:11 PM
Yes it is because the motherboard only supports one ds ddr rest must be ss
ddr both mine were ds from my previous motherboard. Now I need some ss ddr.
Not sure who sells ss ddr pc3200 either 512mb or 1024mb.
news:[email protected]_s03...