PDA

View Full Version : New Athlon 64 chips unveiled

Vince Coen
June 16th 04, 02:27 PM
Hello All!

AMD has taken the wraps off furn new desktop processors that boast integrated
virus protection for PCs and notebooks.
AMD launched the Athlon 64 FX-53 alongside the 64 3800+, 3700+, 3500+ chips
at the recent Computex show in Taipei, Taiwan.

The new processors also incorporate AMD's cool'n'Quiet technology. The chips
use the new 939-pin package - already used in Opteron processors - which
enable them to support a wider memory base and boosts performance.

The AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 peocessor is priced at $799, while the 3800, 3700,
3500 are priced at $720, $710 and $500 respectively in 1,000 unit quantities.

For more details see www.crn.vnunet.com/news/1155509 & 1155510

Piggy
June 16th 04, 11:35 PM
See also www.newegg.com

"Vince Coen" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> AMD has taken the wraps off furn new desktop processors that boast
integrated
> virus protection for PCs and notebooks.
> AMD launched the Athlon 64 FX-53 alongside the 64 3800+, 3700+, 3500+
chips
> at the recent Computex show in Taipei, Taiwan.
>
> The new processors also incorporate AMD's cool'n'Quiet technology. The
chips
> use the new 939-pin package - already used in Opteron processors - which
> enable them to support a wider memory base and boosts performance.
>
> The AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 peocessor is priced at $799, while the 3800, 3700,
> 3500 are priced at $720, $710 and $500 respectively in 1,000 unit
quantities.

> For more details see www.crn.vnunet.com/news/1155509 & 1155510

Daniel P
June 17th 04, 08:16 AM
Old news man

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"Vince Coen" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> AMD has taken the wraps off furn new desktop processors that boast
integrated
> virus protection for PCs and notebooks.
> AMD launched the Athlon 64 FX-53 alongside the 64 3800+, 3700+, 3500+
chips
> at the recent Computex show in Taipei, Taiwan.
>
> The new processors also incorporate AMD's cool'n'Quiet technology. The
chips
> use the new 939-pin package - already used in Opteron processors - which
> enable them to support a wider memory base and boosts performance.
>
> The AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 peocessor is priced at $799, while the 3800, 3700,
> 3500 are priced at $720, $710 and $500 respectively in 1,000 unit
quantities.

> For more details see www.crn.vnunet.com/news/1155509 & 1155510

DougH
June 17th 04, 01:11 PM
> The chips
> use the new 939-pin package - already used in Opteron processors - which
> enable them to support a wider memory base and boosts performance.

Opterons don't use the 939. They use the 940 package.

DougH

FrobinRobin
June 21st 04, 03:23 PM
"DougH" > wrote in message >...
> > The chips
> > use the new 939-pin package - already used in Opteron processors - which
> > enable them to support a wider memory base and boosts performance.
>

> Opterons don't use the 939. They use the 940 package.
>
> DougH

Correct DougH.. opterons are only 940, athlon64 and athlon64 FX are
939 at the moment !

If you want to know about new processors.. try searchin
alt.comp.hardware.amd for 'dual core processors' .. I've not verified
what was said - but I read the post and it seems like AMD want to
'glue' two opterons together... now that is new news! (well its at
least a week old)
But then again.. on the internet news travels faster than ever before!
including rumours! cant blame these guys for wanting to seem cool in a
nerdy newsgroup...oops! I shouldnt say nerds... we're 'professionals'
nowadays ;)