PDA

View Full Version : PCI bandwidth measurement

Arthur Perry
June 15th 04, 06:47 PM
Hello,

I have a question about methods of measuring PCI bandwidth.
I was wondering if anybody had any ideas.
What I am looking for is an "industry standard" method.
At this point, such software does not exist in SPEC.
Different HBA cards such as Myricom and Mellanox (Myrinet and Infiniband hosts) have utilitites to test your PCI bandwidth..
But what do you do when they come up with completely different numbers?

I can write software that will do this, but before I re-invent the wheel, I was wondering if anybody knew of anything that is already out there.

Thanks!