PDA

View Full Version : XP and MP CPU

Eric
June 15th 04, 03:30 AM
What is the exact difference between the AMD XP and MP. I'm asking because
I recently upgraded and have two AMD 1900+ MPs and was wondering if I would
be able to use them in a motherboard made for AMD XPs or would I have to get
dual proc motherboard in order to use them? Any help and links to relevant
sites would be appreciated.

Eric

Wes Newell
June 15th 04, 06:59 AM
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 02:30:28 +0000, Eric wrote:

> What is the exact difference between the AMD XP and MP. I'm asking because
> I recently upgraded and have two AMD 1900+ MPs and was wondering if I would
> be able to use them in a motherboard made for AMD XPs or would I have to get
> dual proc motherboard in order to use them? Any help and links to relevant
> sites would be appreciated.

They have the MP bridge closed on the cpu. Other than that, they are
virtually the same cpu as the XP and yes you can use them in a single cpu
board.

Eric
June 17th 04, 07:36 AM
Thank you for your response it was helpful

Eric

news:[email protected] .net...