PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Athlon 64's Are Here !!!

Ed Light
May 30th 04, 08:57 PM
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?catalog=343&DEPA=1&submit=property&mfrcode=0&propertycode=&propertycodevalue=6055

I wonder if they can be used on desktops with the same heatsinks?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

john
May 31st 04, 08:31 AM
On Sun, 30 May 2004 12:57:05 -0700, "Ed Light" >
wrote:

>http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?catalog=343&DEPA=1&submit=property&mfrcode=0&propertycode=&propertycodevalue=6055
>
>I wonder if they can be used on desktops with the same heatsinks?

Anyone know how much wattage the standard amd64's use ?

Peter van der Goes
May 31st 04, 03:17 PM
"Ed Light" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?catalog=343&DEPA=1&submit=property&mfrcode=0&propertycode=&propertycodevalue=6055

> I wonder if they can be used on desktops with the same heatsinks?
>
> --
> Ed Light
>
> Smiley :-/
> MS Smiley :-\
>
> Send spam to the FTC at
>
> Thanks, robots.

Given the picture showing an exposed core, as opposed to the heat spreader
plate shown on the desktop A64's, I'd guess there would have to be some
mounting adjustment for the HSF to compensate for the reduction in overall
height.
Note the word "guess" above :-)

rstlne
May 31st 04, 09:21 PM
> Given the picture showing an exposed core, as opposed to the heat spreader
> plate shown on the desktop A64's, I'd guess there would have to be some
> mounting adjustment for the HSF to compensate for the reduction in overall
> height.
> Note the word "guess" above :-)

Yes..
I wonder'd this too
but then I did a "Guess" that the package for the chip is probably made to
give that difference back (but that's just one of my guesses)..

If anyone is really curious enough they could dig it up in the amd tech docs