PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Wayne @ W.

goblin
May 17th 04, 05:50 AM
If you have the retention back to May 04, check out
alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.ms-beta

hint: 1184

:-)

Wayne @ W.
May 17th 04, 08:01 PM
Thank you. :o)

"goblin" > wrote in message
> If you have the retention back to May 04, check out
> alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.ms-beta
>
> hint: 1184
>

> :-)

goblin
May 18th 04, 01:11 PM
"Wayne @ W." > wrote in
:

> Thank you. :o)

You're welcome. Big difference in the builds, eh? This is the one they
should have given us. Glad I stumbled across it. Enjoy.

Wayne @ W.
May 18th 04, 03:05 PM
"goblin" > wrote in message
30...
> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
> :
>
> > Thank you. :o)
> >

> You're welcome. Big difference in the builds, eh? This is the one they
> should have given us. Glad I stumbled across it. Enjoy.

Too bad it breaks some things too. Have you noticed that now Ad-Aware, and
MacAfee 7.1 no longer work? However, I no longer need to go into safe mode
right after Setup to install the Nforce3 250 chipset drivers. And I like
having Themes working. (even though they only offer the one, with 3 visual
styles)

Fortunately I found another anti-virus program to take MacAfee's place. :o)
But I am looking for a replacement for Ad-Aware. Have you found one?

Thanks again,
Wayne

goblin
May 18th 04, 03:52 PM
"Wayne @ W." > wrote in
:

> "goblin" > wrote in message
> 30...
>> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > Thank you. :o)
>> >

>> You're welcome. Big difference in the builds, eh? This is the one
>> they should have given us. Glad I stumbled across it. Enjoy.
>>

> Too bad it breaks some things too. Have you noticed that now
> Ad-Aware, and MacAfee 7.1 no longer work? However, I no longer need to
> go into safe mode right after Setup to install the Nforce3 250 chipset
> drivers. And I like having Themes working. (even though they only
> offer the one, with 3 visual styles)
>
> Fortunately I found another anti-virus program to take MacAfee's
> place. :o) But I am looking for a replacement for Ad-Aware. Have you
> found one?
>

> Thanks again,
> Wayne

Spybot-S&D seems to work, except I'm not too sure the part that lets you
backup the registry is working correctly but it's not necessary since
Spybot sets up a restore point.

Which AV did you find that worked?

Wayne @ W.
May 18th 04, 04:02 PM
"goblin" > wrote in message
30...
> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
> :
>
> > "goblin" > wrote in message
> > 30...
> >> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
> >> :

> >> You're welcome. Big difference in the builds, eh? This is the one
> >> they should have given us. Glad I stumbled across it. Enjoy.
> >>

> > Too bad it breaks some things too. Have you noticed that now
> > Ad-Aware, and MacAfee 7.1 no longer work? However, I no longer need to
> > go into safe mode right after Setup to install the Nforce3 250 chipset
> > drivers. And I like having Themes working. (even though they only
> > offer the one, with 3 visual styles)
> >
> > Fortunately I found another anti-virus program to take MacAfee's
> > place. :o) But I am looking for a replacement for Ad-Aware. Have you
> > found one?
> >

> > Thanks again,
> > Wayne
> >

> Spybot-S&D seems to work, except I'm not too sure the part that lets you
> backup the registry is working correctly but it's not necessary since
> Spybot sets up a restore point.
>
> Which AV did you find that worked?

Vcatch. Well, it seems to work, as it loads the icon in the system tray,
etc... LOL

Wayne

goblin
May 18th 04, 08:14 PM
"Wayne @ W." > wrote in
:

> "goblin" > wrote in message
> 30...
>> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > "goblin" > wrote in message
>> > 30...

>> > Too bad it breaks some things too. Have you noticed that now
>> > Ad-Aware, and MacAfee 7.1 no longer work? However, I no longer need
>> > to go into safe mode right after Setup to install the Nforce3 250
>> > chipset drivers. And I like having Themes working. (even though
>> > they only offer the one, with 3 visual styles)
>> >
>> > Fortunately I found another anti-virus program to take MacAfee's
>> > place. :o) But I am looking for a replacement for Ad-Aware. Have
>> > you found one?
>> >

>> > Thanks again,
>> > Wayne
>> >

>> Spybot-S&D seems to work, except I'm not too sure the part that lets
>> you backup the registry is working correctly but it's not necessary
>> since Spybot sets up a restore point.
>>
>> Which AV did you find that worked?
>
> Vcatch. Well, it seems to work, as it loads the icon in the system
> tray, etc... LOL
>

> Wayne

Thanks. I'll hunt for it.

32-bit .NET programs and VS .NET work under this build. That's what I've
been waiting for. Well, it'll do until the .NET64 is done.

I wonder if "doddsy" has seen my post here to you? I know he'd really
be interested in grabbing those files but I can't very well give him a
"heads up" in that other group :-)

Wayne @ W.
May 18th 04, 08:40 PM
"goblin" > wrote in message
30...
> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
> :
>

> > "goblin" > wrote in message
> > 30...
> >> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
> >> :

> >> Spybot-S&D seems to work, except I'm not too sure the part that lets
> >> you backup the registry is working correctly but it's not necessary
> >> since Spybot sets up a restore point.
> >>
> >> Which AV did you find that worked?
> >
> > Vcatch. Well, it seems to work, as it loads the icon in the system
> > tray, etc... LOL
> >

> > Wayne
> >

> Thanks. I'll hunt for it.
>
> 32-bit .NET programs and VS .NET work under this build. That's what I've
> been waiting for. Well, it'll do until the .NET64 is done.
>
> I wonder if "doddsy" has seen my post here to you? I know he'd really
> be interested in grabbing those files but I can't very well give him a
> "heads up" in that other group :-)

I know what you mean. LOL Microsoft would just love it. :o)

The URL to VCatch is http://www.vcatch.com

Wayne

Wayne @ W.
May 18th 04, 11:17 PM

> I wonder if "doddsy" has seen my post here to you? I know he'd really
> be interested in grabbing those files but I can't very well give him a
> "heads up" in that other group :-)

I got brave, or maybe it is stupid... take your pick. ROFLOL Just posted
the info there in a barely disguised manner.

Wayne @ W.
May 20th 04, 06:29 AM
I just tried out Longhorn, and it not only won't let you install ATI
drivers, even though it is 32 bit, it won't let you change the refresh rate
of your monitor. <sigh>

But what worries me is that even though it is an extreme beta, they want you
to activate it. I wonder why Microsoft didn't do that with Windows XP 64
extended edition for the AMD 64? I hope it isn't because they aren't taking
this version very seriously. :o( That would bum me out after shelling out
over 400 dollars for this upgrade.

Wayne

goblin
May 20th 04, 08:28 AM
"Wayne @ W." > wrote in
:

> I just tried out Longhorn, and it not only won't let you install ATI
> drivers, even though it is 32 bit, it won't let you change the refresh
> rate of your monitor. <sigh>
>
> But what worries me is that even though it is an extreme beta, they
> want you to activate it. I wonder why Microsoft didn't do that with
> Windows XP 64 extended edition for the AMD 64? I hope it isn't
> because they aren't taking this version very seriously. :o( That
> would bum me out after shelling out over 400 dollars for this upgrade.
>

> Wayne

There's always Linux. I find I'm spending more and more time on it than
Windows anymore.

$400? I only spent $15 on the DDK. That was all.

Wayne @ W.
May 20th 04, 09:24 AM
"goblin" > wrote in message
30...
> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
> :
>
> > I just tried out Longhorn, and it not only won't let you install ATI
> > drivers, even though it is 32 bit, it won't let you change the refresh
> > rate of your monitor. <sigh>
> >
> > But what worries me is that even though it is an extreme beta, they
> > want you to activate it. I wonder why Microsoft didn't do that with
> > Windows XP 64 extended edition for the AMD 64? I hope it isn't
> > because they aren't taking this version very seriously. :o( That
> > would bum me out after shelling out over 400 dollars for this upgrade.
> >

> > Wayne
> >

> There's always Linux. I find I'm spending more and more time on it than
> Windows anymore.
>
> $400? I only spent $15 on the DDK. That was all.

272.00 for the AMD XP64 3200+ Retail CPU
77.00 for the Chaintech NForce3 250 motherboard
69.00 for the Enermax 420Watt Power Supply (AMD64 Compat)

I use Mandrake Linux, and am a standard member. However, I have too much
money invested in Windows based software, and the games I play don't run in
Linux. Warcraft 3, Diblo 2 LOD, The Sims (with all expansion packs), Command
& Conquer Generals and Expansion pack, etc...

Wayne

goblin
May 23rd 04, 06:08 PM
"Wayne @ W." > wrote in
:

> "goblin" > wrote in message
> 30...
>> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > I just tried out Longhorn, and it not only won't let you install
>> > ATI drivers, even though it is 32 bit, it won't let you change the
>> > refresh rate of your monitor. <sigh>
>> >
>> > But what worries me is that even though it is an extreme beta, they
>> > want you to activate it. I wonder why Microsoft didn't do that
>> > with Windows XP 64 extended edition for the AMD 64? I hope it
>> > isn't because they aren't taking this version very seriously. :o(
>> > That would bum me out after shelling out over 400 dollars for this
>> > upgrade.
>> >

>> > Wayne
>> >

>> There's always Linux. I find I'm spending more and more time on it
>> than Windows anymore.
>>
>> $400? I only spent $15 on the DDK. That was all.
>>

> 272.00 for the AMD XP64 3200+ Retail CPU
> 77.00 for the Chaintech NForce3 250 motherboard
> 69.00 for the Enermax 420Watt Power Supply (AMD64 Compat)
>
> I use Mandrake Linux, and am a standard member. However, I have too
> much money invested in Windows based software, and the games I play
> don't run in Linux. Warcraft 3, Diblo 2 LOD, The Sims (with all
> expansion packs), Command & Conquer Generals and Expansion pack,
> etc...
>

> Wayne

Have you managed to get any version of Wine working with mdk64?

I paid $318 for the same chip :(

Wayne @ W.
May 23rd 04, 08:54 PM
I ditched AMD64 because it was Rc1, and the final version is available for
Silver members and up. Unfortunately, I am only a Standard Member. :o(

BTW, if you go to the Mandrakeclub's Forum, I am ewwhww.

Wayne

"goblin" > wrote in message
30...
> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
> :
>

> > "goblin" > wrote in message
> > 30...
> >> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in
> >> :

> >> There's always Linux. I find I'm spending more and more time on it
> >> than Windows anymore.
> >>
> >> $400? I only spent $15 on the DDK. That was all.
> >>

> > 272.00 for the AMD XP64 3200+ Retail CPU
> > 77.00 for the Chaintech NForce3 250 motherboard
> > 69.00 for the Enermax 420Watt Power Supply (AMD64 Compat)
> >
> > I use Mandrake Linux, and am a standard member. However, I have too
> > much money invested in Windows based software, and the games I play
> > don't run in Linux. Warcraft 3, Diblo 2 LOD, The Sims (with all
> > expansion packs), Command & Conquer Generals and Expansion pack,
> > etc...
> >

> > Wayne
> >

> Have you managed to get any version of Wine working with mdk64?
>
> I paid $318 for the same chip :(

Hellmark
June 20th 04, 07:05 AM
Wayne @ W.'s last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> I use Mandrake Linux, and am a standard member. However, I have too much
> money invested in Windows based software, and the games I play don't run in
> Linux. Warcraft 3, Diblo 2 LOD, The Sims (with all expansion packs), Command
> & Conquer Generals and Expansion pack, etc...

Mandrake had a version of the Sims available, plus try WineX (wine with
native directx support.

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bull****!