PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Fans

Craig Coope
May 15th 04, 02:07 PM
OK I have decided to get some chassis fans for my case as there are none at
the mo' and temps of 60C are not going down well with me...

OK now I have one 4 pin PS plug thingy left (from the PSU) ...so if I got
two or 3 fans (one intake at the front and 2 outtakes at the back) would it
be possible to daisy-chain then all? ie will each fan have both male and
female 4-pin ps plugs?

Will 3 fans have a great deal of effect on my PSU power?....I know that I
shouldn't drain power from my mobo nor should I really daisy chain them off
the ps from my HD...

Any help would be welcomed....

Cheers

Craig....

Craig Coope
May 15th 04, 04:37 PM
"Craig Coope" > wrote in message
> OK I have decided to get some chassis fans for my case as there are none
at
> the mo' and temps of 60C are not going down well with me...
>
> OK now I have one 4 pin PS plug thingy left (from the PSU) ...so if I got
> two or 3 fans (one intake at the front and 2 outtakes at the back) would
it
> be possible to daisy-chain then all? ie will each fan have both male and
> female 4-pin ps plugs?
>
> Will 3 fans have a great deal of effect on my PSU power?....I know that I
> shouldn't drain power from my mobo nor should I really daisy chain them
off
> the ps from my HD...
>
> Any help would be welcomed....

Don't worry....I went ahead and bought 3 fans....I took them to the counter
which invited a "''ave an over'eatin' problem do ya'?" responce.....but I am
much happier with the results...

MB has dropped from 50C to 28C and CPU idles around 44C which is much better
than the previous 60C!

Craig...

Wes Newell
May 15th 04, 11:55 PM
On Sat, 15 May 2004 16:37:01 +0100, Craig Coope wrote:

> Don't worry....I went ahead and bought 3 fans....I took them to the counter
> which invited a "''ave an over'eatin' problem do ya'?" responce.....but I am
> much happier with the results...
>
> MB has dropped from 50C to 28C and CPU idles around 44C which is much better
> than the previous 60C!

Should have read this before my other reply. I could have saved some
typing. Sounds good now.

Craig Coope
May 16th 04, 12:21 AM
"Wes Newell" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] .net...
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 16:37:01 +0100, Craig Coope wrote:
>
> > Don't worry....I went ahead and bought 3 fans....I took them to the
counter
> > which invited a "''ave an over'eatin' problem do ya'?" responce.....but
I am
> > much happier with the results...
> >
> > MB has dropped from 50C to 28C and CPU idles around 44C which is much
better
> > than the previous 60C!
> >
> Should have read this before my other reply. I could have saved some
> typing. Sounds good now.

Lol!....I should have read THIS before I replied to your other post....we
are both bad in this case...

Craig....

Craig Coope
May 16th 04, 12:22 AM
"Wes Newell" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] .net...
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 16:37:01 +0100, Craig Coope wrote:
>
> > Don't worry....I went ahead and bought 3 fans....I took them to the
counter
> > which invited a "''ave an over'eatin' problem do ya'?" responce.....but
I am
> > much happier with the results...
> >
> > MB has dropped from 50C to 28C and CPU idles around 44C which is much
better
> > than the previous 60C!
> >
> Should have read this before my other reply. I could have saved some
> typing. Sounds good now.

Also...thank you for your responce :o)

Craig...