PDA

View Full Version : Mobile 64 due when?

Ed Light
May 13th 04, 08:02 PM
Anyone know when the mobile 64 will be on the market?
I suppose it will be all the rage, like the mobile XP is for the
overclockers.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Jason Cothran
May 13th 04, 10:31 PM
"Ed Light" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
| Anyone know when the mobile 64 will be on the market?
| I suppose it will be all the rage, like the mobile XP is for the
| overclockers.

It has been available for a few months. I know emachines, compaq, hp, and
acer all make notebooks with it. I am not sure of other OEM manufacturers
utilizing it yet.

Wayne @ W.
May 13th 04, 10:52 PM
I think Ed meant, when will AMD 64 Mobile chips be available to the public
as a stand alone purchase. :o) I heard it was supposed to be sometime this
month.

Wayne

"Jason Cothran" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Ed Light" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> | Anyone know when the mobile 64 will be on the market?
> | I suppose it will be all the rage, like the mobile XP is for the
> | overclockers.
> |

> It has been available for a few months. I know emachines, compaq, hp, and
> acer all make notebooks with it. I am not sure of other OEM manufacturers
> utilizing it yet.

Daniel P
May 13th 04, 11:15 PM
They've been out forever. Here's a few
3200:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-443&depa=1

3400:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-442&depa=1

The 3400 has been on newegg for little more than a month.

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"Wayne @ W." > wrote in message
> I think Ed meant, when will AMD 64 Mobile chips be available to the public
> as a stand alone purchase. :o) I heard it was supposed to be sometime
this
> month.
>

> Wayne
>
> "Jason Cothran" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Ed Light" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > | Anyone know when the mobile 64 will be on the market?
> > | I suppose it will be all the rage, like the mobile XP is for the
> > | overclockers.
> > |

> > It has been available for a few months. I know emachines, compaq, hp,
and
> > acer all make notebooks with it. I am not sure of other OEM
manufacturers
> > utilizing it yet.

rstlne
May 13th 04, 11:27 PM
"Daniel P" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> They've been out forever. Here's a few
> 3200:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-443&depa=1

> 3400:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-442&depa=1

> The 3400 has been on newegg for little more than a month.

DTR's and Mobile are different however..
a DTR (for a64 anyhow) is the same chip but it doesnt have the heat spreader
thinggie (not sure what it's called)..

The M's should be out soon tho and you'll see MaxPower go from like 82w to
62w

May 16th 04, 11:03 PM
what heat sink fits these with no heat spreader ?

On Thu, 13 May 2004 23:27:37 +0100, "rstlne" >
wrote:

>The M's should be out soon tho and you'll see MaxPower go from like 82w to
>62w

rstlne
May 17th 04, 01:53 PM
I havent broken down the physical dimensions of the chips..
It's POSSIBLE (but I am not saying it's what's done) that the ones with no
heat spreaders simply have a larger package that puts the core up to the
same distance up from the base (just guessing)..

Better answer
I dunno
:P