PDA

View Full Version : eMachines m6805/m6809

Jason Cothran
May 7th 04, 11:40 PM
Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in to
delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name, these look
like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I would love to hear
any comments, in particular experiences from anyone running the 64bit patch
on WindowsXP on one of these. How does the Radeon Mobility stack up?

Colon Power
May 7th 04, 11:47 PM
Jason Cothran wrote:

> Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in to
> delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name, these look
> like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I would love to hear
> any comments, in particular experiences from anyone running the 64bit
> patch on WindowsXP on one of these. How does the Radeon Mobility stack up?
I have a 6809ep in my garrage with a 63c09ep in it.Modified to run at 2.1
mzh with a SCSI harddrive.

ThePunisher
May 9th 04, 01:18 AM
Jason Cothran wrote:
> Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in
> to delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name,
> these look like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I
> would love to hear any comments, in particular experiences from
> anyone running the 64bit patch on WindowsXP on one of these. How does
> the Radeon Mobility stack up?

What's this 'patch'?

--
ThePunisher

Ian Hastie
May 9th 04, 02:30 AM
On Fri, 07 May 2004 18:47:12 -0400, Colon Power wrote:

> Jason Cothran wrote:
>
>> Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in to
>> delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name, these look
>> like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I would love to
>> hear any comments, in particular experiences from anyone running the
>> 64bit patch on WindowsXP on one of these. How does the Radeon Mobility
>> stack up?
> I have a 6809ep in my garrage with a 63c09ep in it.Modified to run at 2.1
> mzh with a SCSI harddrive.

2.1MHz?! Awesome indeed... *;)

--
Ian.

EOM

Jason Cothran
May 9th 04, 03:53 AM
"ThePunisher" > wrote in message
| Jason Cothran wrote:
| > Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in
| > to delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name,
| > these look like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I
| > would love to hear any comments, in particular experiences from
| > anyone running the 64bit patch on WindowsXP on one of these. How does
| > the Radeon Mobility stack up?
|
| What's this 'patch'?

The "prerelease" XP 64

eminema
May 25th 04, 06:23 AM
I have a m6805 and i love it, i upgraded to xpp and now i want to install
linux on it when i find myh amd64 ver.
"Jason Cothran" > wrote in message
.. .
> Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in to
> delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name, these look
> like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I would love to hear
> any comments, in particular experiences from anyone running the 64bit
patch
> on WindowsXP on one of these. How does the Radeon Mobility stack up?

Jason Cothran
May 25th 04, 03:52 PM
"eminema" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
| I have a m6805 and i love it, i upgraded to xpp and now i want to install
| linux on it when i find myh amd64 ver.

Thanks for the reply ... bought one already. I got a m6809 last saturday.
Only gripe so far is having to use clock gen to get 2000Mhz on battery
power. Aside from that, it kicks the snot out of my XP 2000+ <wink>