PDA

View Full Version : My new AMD64 3200+ runs cooler than my AMD 2600+

Wayne @ W.
May 6th 04, 07:47 AM
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

Now I am waiting for Chaintech to upgrade the bios for this new Nforce3 N250
mobo to allow me to disable the onboard Nic, as it is my only hold up in
getting Windows XP 64 extended edition working.

Wayne

Don Taylor
May 6th 04, 10:11 AM
"Wayne @ W." > writes:
>This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
>non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Are you SURE you are measuring that temperature correctly?
12 c is < 54 f, 17 c is < 63 f, for the metrically challenged.

If it really is less than 63 f when running then you must either
have some impressive refrigeration to keep it cold OR you are
sitting in an awfully cold room.

>Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

I'm impressed. Maybe the power is hooked up backwards,
and it gets cold instead of hot :)

rstlne
May 6th 04, 11:59 AM
"Wayne @ W." > wrote in message
> This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
> non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.
>
> Same case, but better power supply. ::o)
>
> Now I am waiting for Chaintech to upgrade the bios for this new Nforce3
N250
> mobo to allow me to disable the onboard Nic, as it is my only hold up in
> getting Windows XP 64 extended edition working.
>
> Wayne

Uh..
Hi Santa, didnt know ur name was Wayne

Povl H. Pedersen
May 6th 04, 06:27 PM
In article >, Wayne @ W. wrote:
> This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
> non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.
>
> Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

How do you get it below room temperature ?

--
Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260

Wayne @ W.
May 6th 04, 07:08 PM
"Don Taylor" > wrote in message
> "Wayne @ W." > writes:
> >This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
> >non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.
>
> Are you SURE you are measuring that temperature correctly?
> 12 c is < 54 f, 17 c is < 63 f, for the metrically challenged.
>
> If it really is less than 63 f when running then you must either
> have some impressive refrigeration to keep it cold OR you are
> sitting in an awfully cold room.
>
> >Same case, but better power supply. ::o)
>
> I'm impressed. Maybe the power is hooked up backwards,
> and it gets cold instead of hot :)

LOL. I have 4 internal case fans, I have the retail version of the AMD 64
3200+ cpu, and I have an ENERMAX Noisetaker Series 420W Power Supply, ATX
12V V1.3 compatible: Support latest P4 and Athlon 64 platforms, Model
"EG425P-VE-SFMA"

I use the Chaintek program, "DigiDoc" , to tell me the temps. <g>

Wayne

Wayne @ W.
May 6th 04, 07:09 PM
"rstlne" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Wayne @ W." > wrote in message
> > This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
> > non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.
> >
> > Same case, but better power supply. ::o)
> >
> > Now I am waiting for Chaintech to upgrade the bios for this new Nforce3
> N250
> > mobo to allow me to disable the onboard Nic, as it is my only hold up in
> > getting Windows XP 64 extended edition working.
> >
> > Wayne
> >

> Uh..
> Hi Santa, didnt know ur name was Wayne

LOL. Well, I do have an A.C. unit only 10 feet in front of my Computer Case.
And I keep my room at about 60F.
:o)

Wayne

Wayne @ W.
May 6th 04, 07:10 PM
"Povl H. Pedersen" > wrote in message
> In article >, Wayne @ W. wrote:
> > This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
> > non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.
> >
> > Same case, but better power supply. ::o)
>
> How do you get it below room temperature ?
>
> --
> Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
> Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260

My room temp is about 60F. I like it cool, because fat people sweat in
snow. ROFLOL

Wayne

bill
May 6th 04, 08:19 PM
In article >,
says...
<
<> In article >, Wayne @ W. wrote:
<> > This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
<> > non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.
<> >
<> > Same case, but better power supply. ::o)
<>
<> How do you get it below room temperature ?
<>
<> --
<> Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
<> Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260
<
<My room temp is about 60F. I like it cool, because fat people sweat in
<snow. ROFLOL
<
<Wayne
<
<
<

Ya know, I coulda gone all day without that mental image.

Bill

Wayne @ W.
May 6th 04, 08:45 PM
"bill" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article >,
> says...
> <
> <"Povl H. Pedersen" > wrote in
message
> <> In article >, Wayne @ W. wrote:
> <> > This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
> <> > non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.
> <> >
> <> > Same case, but better power supply. ::o)
> <>
> <> How do you get it below room temperature ?
> <>
> <> --
> <> Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
> <> Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260
> <
> <My room temp is about 60F. I like it cool, because fat people sweat in
> <snow. ROFLOL
> <
> <Wayne
> <
> <
> <
>
> Ya know, I coulda gone all day without that mental image.
>
> Bill

LOL. At least I didn't talk about .... nevermind. :o)

Wayne

bill
May 7th 04, 12:25 AM
In article >,
says...
<
<"bill" > wrote in message
<news:[email protected]
<> In article >,
<> says...
<> <
<> <"Povl H. Pedersen" > wrote in
<message
<> ...
<> <> In article >, Wayne @ W. wrote:
<> <> > This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
<> <> > non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.
<> <> >
<> <> > Same case, but better power supply. ::o)
<> <>
<> <> How do you get it below room temperature ?
<> <>
<> <> --
[...]

Please, not 'til after 9:00p.m. I don't want to have to dwell all
day on the nightmares I'll probably have.

Bill

Ed Light
May 7th 04, 12:31 AM
Could this be cool and quiet working?