PDA

View Full Version : Tyan Tiger K8W memory recommendations

bebopper
May 3rd 04, 04:15 PM
Anyone have a voice on what to populte this Dual CPU mobo with
?? I can afford 1GB. Shall I look for four 128s or two 512s ?? I
heard Corsair Extreme is too edgy ...

Any advice on what (and where) to buy appreciated.

TIA

-bebopper

General Schvantzkoph
May 7th 04, 01:20 AM
On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:15:02 -0400, bebopper wrote:

> Anyone have a voice on what to populte this Dual CPU mobo with
> ?? I can afford 1GB. Shall I look for four 128s or two 512s ?? I
> heard Corsair Extreme is too edgy ...
>
> Any advice on what (and where) to buy appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> -bebopper

You should put two DIMMs on each CPU. I'd put two 512Ms per CPU but if you
are really strapped for cash then you could do two 256Ms on each. Crucial
is a reliable brand.