PDA

View Full Version : FIC SD11 max. HDD size

mfischer
April 30th 04, 03:01 PM
Hi there

I'm more than interested in conclusions concerning maximum hard disk size
running on FIC SD11 based systems (1st Gen. Athlon) without additional
hardware controllers. So far I've been told there might be some problems
with HDD greater than 80GB? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks so far,

Regards
mfischer

kony
April 30th 04, 08:26 PM
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:01:58 +0200, mfischer >
wrote:

>Hi there
>
>I'm more than interested in conclusions concerning maximum hard disk size
>running on FIC SD11 based systems (1st Gen. Athlon) without additional
>hardware controllers. So far I've been told there might be some problems
>with HDD greater than 80GB? Can anyone confirm?
>
>Thanks so far,
>
>Regards
>mfischer

According to the BIOS page for that board, it previously supported HDD >
32GB yet there was still some issue with reporting HDD of 33GB... I'd
update the bios to latest version,
http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/bios.aspx?model_id=9 ,
then try a 120GB drive. 80GB is not a normal limit but perhaps only the
largest drive tested?