PDA

View Full Version : Memory Questions K8V

Tim M.
April 23rd 04, 01:26 AM
Doing a slow build and need some advice....finally down to the last two
pieces of puzzle. Already decided on the A64 3200+
, now I need some memory. I want to install 1GB, 2 512's preferrably. I'll
go with either PC3200,3500, or 4000, doesn't
really concern me since I'm not a avid overclocker. Which brand memory do
you guys recommend, some model numbers
would be helpful, I kinda have my heart set on Mushkin, but will consider
others for more compatibility. Thanks in advance.
Oh, btw, I have the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe.

Tim

Alexander Nagel
April 23rd 04, 03:37 PM
Tim M. wrote:
> Doing a slow build and need some advice....finally down to the last two
> pieces of puzzle. Already decided on the A64 3200+
> , now I need some memory. I want to install 1GB, 2 512's preferrably. I'll
> go with either PC3200,3500, or 4000, doesn't
> really concern me since I'm not a avid overclocker. Which brand memory do
> you guys recommend, some model numbers
> would be helpful, I kinda have my heart set on Mushkin, but will consider
> others for more compatibility. Thanks in advance.
> Oh, btw, I have the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe.
>
> Tim

Hi Tim,
i have the same board and the same A64.
I use Kingston RAM 2x512MB Model KVR400X64C3A/512.

Use DDR400 for best speed.
Check out the user guide and the homepage of asus for DDR qualified
vendors list.
greets
alex

Dick McCurdy
April 24th 04, 03:11 AM
Tim M. wrote:

> Doing a slow build and need some advice....finally down to the last two
> pieces of puzzle. Already decided on the A64 3200+
> , now I need some memory. I want to install 1GB, 2 512's preferrably.
> I'll go with either PC3200,3500, or 4000, doesn't
> really concern me since I'm not a avid overclocker. Which brand memory do
> you guys recommend, some model numbers
> would be helpful, I kinda have my heart set on Mushkin, but will consider
> others for more compatibility. Thanks in advance.
> Oh, btw, I have the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe.
>
> Tim
I have the AMD64-3000 and my memory was ordered from Infineon but it failled
to work right. I finall found by trial and error that Crucial DDR400
worked well and ran MEMTEST86 for 24 hours. Some brands work, some have to
have big delays for CAS to data and some just downright do not work. Read
up on the AMD64 boards and memory on tomshardware.com.
--
Dick McCurdy
dickmc<AT>bellsouth<DOT>net

Tim M.
April 25th 04, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the replies guys....I'll look into the crucial

Tim

"Dick McCurdy" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tim M. wrote:
>
> > Doing a slow build and need some advice....finally down to the last two
> > pieces of puzzle. Already decided on the A64 3200+
> > , now I need some memory. I want to install 1GB, 2 512's preferrably.
> > I'll go with either PC3200,3500, or 4000, doesn't
> > really concern me since I'm not a avid overclocker. Which brand memory
do
> > you guys recommend, some model numbers
> > would be helpful, I kinda have my heart set on Mushkin, but will
consider
> > others for more compatibility. Thanks in advance.
> > Oh, btw, I have the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe.
> >
> > Tim
> I have the AMD64-3000 and my memory was ordered from Infineon but it
failled
> to work right. I finall found by trial and error that Crucial DDR400
> worked well and ran MEMTEST86 for 24 hours. Some brands work, some have
> have big delays for CAS to data and some just downright do not work. Read
> up on the AMD64 boards and memory on tomshardware.com.
> --
> Dick McCurdy
> dickmc<AT>bellsouth<DOT>net

Ian Hastie
April 30th 04, 10:21 PM
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:11:57 -0400, Dick McCurdy wrote:

> I have the AMD64-3000 and my memory was ordered from Infineon but it
> failled to work right. I finall found by trial and error that Crucial
> DDR400 worked well and ran MEMTEST86 for 24 hours. Some brands work, some
> have to have big delays for CAS to data and some just downright do not
> work.

Very interesting. My Crucial PC3200 RAM sticks have Infineon chips on
them. They're running very nicely, so far, on my Asus K8V Deluxe.

--
Ian.

EOM

AU
May 2nd 04, 04:11 AM
You're probably past this step by now, but just in case you're interested...

OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth series was designed with the Athlon 64 in mind and is
recommended by OCZ for use with many K8T800 motherboards. It is one of the
few OCZ modules that is on their compatibility list for the Asus K8V, which
is particularly picky when it comes to memory.

Al

. ..