PDA

View Full Version : Chipsets reviewed

Wes Newell
April 20th 04, 11:58 PM
What Cchipset won all 6 application benchmarks run at Tomhardware?
The new NF3-250? Nope
Via's K8T800? Nope
Surely not the SIS755? Yep.:-)

And if you look at the margin of victory for each chipset over the entire
barage of test run, I concluded the SIS755 won overall. Tom's says the new
Nvidia does though. All were very close with the exception of the old
MF3-150.

Wes Newell
April 21st 04, 06:56 AM
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 02:20:53 +0000, Ed wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:58:28 GMT, Wes Newell
> > wrote:
>
>>What Cchipset won all 6 application benchmarks run at Tomhardware?
>>The new NF3-250? Nope
>>Via's K8T800? Nope
>>Surely not the SIS755? Yep.:-)
>>
>>And if you look at the margin of victory for each chipset over the entire
>>barage of test run, I concluded the SIS755 won overall. Tom's says the new
>>Nvidia does though. All were very close with the exception of the old
>>MF3-150.
>
> Which one(s) wins on reliability and stability? Speed isn't everything.
> ;p
They're pobably all pretty reliable when set up properly.