PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Port

XS11E
April 14th 04, 05:39 PM
Anyone figure out how to make the parallel port work on an ASUS K8V?

Mine ssys "unsupported parallel port" in the device manager.

Jon Back
April 14th 04, 11:30 PM
I couldn't get mine to work on the MSI Neo. It appears that XP64 didn't
include drivers. I had to reinstall my printer as a USB connected device and
then buy a longer cable. Then I had to reinstall in Win2000 Pro since the
printer (HP 930c) won't let you keep both parallel and USB connected.

"XS11E" > wrote in message

> Anyone figure out how to make the parallel port work on an ASUS K8V?
>
> Mine ssys "unsupported parallel port" in the device manager.

XS11E
April 15th 04, 01:47 AM
"Jon Back" > wrote in
:

> "XS11E" > wrote in message

>> Anyone figure out how to make the parallel port work on an ASUS
>> K8V?
>> Mine ssys "unsupported parallel port" in the device manager.

> I couldn't get mine to work on the MSI Neo. It appears that XP64
> didn't include drivers. I had to reinstall my printer as a USB
> connected device and then buy a longer cable. Then I had to
> reinstall in Win2000 Pro since the printer (HP 930c) won't let you
> keep both parallel and USB connected.

I'll be going back to Windows 2000 soon, XP-64 bit is a
LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGG way from ready now, I'll probably keep trying it from
time to time, I have two harddrives in removable bays so it's easy to
swap. I'm running XP 32bit on my other HD, that's the system that
works but I'm pretty convinced that Windows 2000 is better for my
purposes and, as soon as I get time, I'll be formatting and installing
Win2k again.