PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 4 512meg ram?

Paul Bassman
April 10th 04, 03:20 AM
Last bit of help before I order if you would be so kind, ta! Am I right in
thinking that 2 x 512 meg of ram would be faster than 4 x 512 meg of ram (
registered for FX53 ) ?

Thanks Paul.

General Schvantzkoph
April 10th 04, 03:49 AM
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 03:20:26 +0100, Paul Bassman wrote:

> Last bit of help before I order if you would be so kind, ta! Am I right in
> thinking that 2 x 512 meg of ram would be faster than 4 x 512 meg of ram (
> registered for FX53 ) ?
>
> Thanks Paul.

The bandwidth is the same however a system with 2G of RAM (4x512) will in
some circumstance be faster then one with 1G (2 x 512).

I wouldn't buy an FX53 if I were you, if you are going to spend that kind
of money you should by a dual Opterron 244 or 246 system.