PDA

View Full Version : No Consumer Win 64 till Q4

Daniel P
April 7th 04, 10:11 PM
here's the article
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15220

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"

April 8th 04, 01:27 AM
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:11:43 -0700, Daniel P wrote:

> here's the article
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15220

Not surprised and tbh I don't care anymore.

I'm 99% converted to Linux now. I've tinkered with it over the years and
never took it too seriously until the last 12 months. All the AMD64 apps
you need are there, and in many cases I've found them even better than the
windows apps that you have to pay for. It really is that good now.

And the other 1%? That'll be MS Flight Simulator, the only reason why I
keep a Windows partition on my system. I wonder why it won't work on Linux..:)

If you tried Linux in the past and didn't like it then I urge you to try
it again and see how far it has come. You can then show MS you don't need
none of their steenkin' Win64. You'll also save some money which could be
spent on something more productive like alcohol :)

Wes Newell
April 8th 04, 08:01 AM
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:11:43 -0700, Daniel P wrote:

> here's the article
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15220

I wouldn't care if it's never released. I don't use windows anyway.

April 8th 04, 10:22 AM
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:11:43 -0700, "Daniel P" > wrote:

>here's the article
>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15220

Like the issue is windows ;)

I'll buy the athlon64 because it kicks ass, runs fast, and isn't an
INTEL P4 squirrel cage.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, DIE RAMBUS DIE ;)

DougH
April 8th 04, 02:07 PM
> I'm 99% converted to Linux now. I've tinkered with it over the years and
> never took it too seriously until the last 12 months.

Which particular flavor of Linux did you go for? I'm playing with Mandrake
10 at the moment and have tried Red Hat and Lindows in the past. This beta
of Mandrake 10 still needs a little work. I had a some trouble getting it
installed, unlike the 9.2 version which practically installed itself.

DougH

Randy Howard
May 31st 04, 11:30 PM
In article >, says...
> > I'm 99% converted to Linux now. I've tinkered with it over the years and
> > never took it too seriously until the last 12 months.
>

> Which particular flavor of Linux did you go for? I'm playing with Mandrake
> 10 at the moment and have tried Red Hat and Lindows in the past. This beta
> of Mandrake 10 still needs a little work. I had a some trouble getting it
> installed, unlike the 9.2 version which practically installed itself.

SuSE Pro 9.1 is very nice. I used to be a fan of RedHat until they went all
"corporate". A few years ago SuSE was not all that compelling, but in the
last 12 months they have really added some very nice features, and it is
far and away better than RedHat.