PDA

View Full Version : cooling 2500 xp

Paweł P.
April 6th 04, 09:09 AM
Hi, my mail isn't about overclocking, but only cooling standard CPU.
I've amd athlon 2500 xp and CPU temp. is about 55-59*C. The chipset temp. -
ca. 45*C. On the CPU is installed fan coolmaster and it works @ ca. 2400
rpm. Is it normal? I've read that CPU's temp. shouldn't be higher then 47*C.
Have I reasons to worry???

rstlne
April 6th 04, 11:51 AM
"Paweł P." > wrote in message
> Hi, my mail isn't about overclocking, but only cooling standard CPU.
> I've amd athlon 2500 xp and CPU temp. is about 55-59*C. The chipset
temp. -
> ca. 45*C. On the CPU is installed fan coolmaster and it works @ ca. 2400
> rpm. Is it normal? I've read that CPU's temp. shouldn't be higher then
47*C.
> Have I reasons to worry???

Hi, This is the x86-64 group (for amd 64+/Opteron or maybee even the new
intel x86-64 chips)
You will be better off in the future looking through some of the other
groups like alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

But looking at what you have asked ;)..
Can you say where your getting that 55-59c from?.. (Just wondering if thats
the die temp)
And you said "Chipset" temp.. Is that "Motherboard/Case" temp "or Socket
Temp"..

If the 59c is Die temp then I would say it's okay, but not great. a 4c
shift from idle to load is not a bad thing (if it is in deed the die temp)

Ed Light
April 7th 04, 12:25 AM
Do you have a rear case fan? If not, it would be good to get one, blowing
out. AMD specifies this.

60c is the limit beyond which unstabilities may manifest themselves. Or not.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\