PDA

View Full Version : AMD K6 200 mhz question

Loren
April 4th 04, 02:38 PM
I am about to attempt to transfer data files from an older AMD K6 200 mhz pc
to a new pentium pc.
I am planning to use a program made by Detto called Intellimover - and the
instructions say that both pcs must 486 or higher..
Can anyone here tell me if the AMD K4 is equivilant to 486?

April 4th 04, 03:02 PM
On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 09:38:15 -0400, Loren wrote:

> I am about to attempt to transfer data files from an older AMD K6 200 mhz pc
> to a new pentium pc.
> I am planning to use a program made by Detto called Intellimover - and the
> instructions say that both pcs must 486 or higher..
> Can anyone here tell me if the AMD K4 is equivilant to 486?

Your K6 is much faster than any 486, so no worries there.

Van Souza
April 4th 04, 03:24 PM
Yes to the K4.

Loren wrote:
> I am about to attempt to transfer data files from an older AMD K6 200 mhz pc
> to a new pentium pc.
> I am planning to use a program made by Detto called Intellimover - and the
> instructions say that both pcs must 486 or higher..
> Can anyone here tell me if the AMD K4 is equivilant to 486?

Loren
April 4th 04, 03:29 PM
wow - what a great group.
2 replies to my question in a matter of minutes!
The K4 was a typo - it's a K6
Thank you both for your fast reply :-)

news:[email protected]