PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark Software

CHI-Matrix Administrator
March 29th 04, 04:27 AM
Has anyone gotten any benchmark software to work? I've tried 3Dmark2001se,
aquamark3, Codecreatures, SiSoft Sandra 2004 Version, and GL Excess Version
1.2. The only ones I could get to run were Sis Sandra and GL Excess. Sis
Sandra didn't detect most special features of my card (3D, Alpha Blending,
etc.) and GL Excess looked beautiful and ran great but did not produce any
results in the single benchmark mode (the results.htm file had colored bars
all the same size with no numbers or indications of performance) and ran
with errors at the end of each test in the multi-benchmark mode (I had to
hit escape after each round of test then retry or abort to continue on to
the next test) and still did not produce results..

--
Gregory I. Hayes
CHI-Matrix Administrator

Running Win64 on an ASUS SK8N Motherboard with an AMD 64 FX-51 2.2Ghz CPU, 2
Gig of Ram, and an Alienware Special Edition nVidia 5950 Graphics Card.

Chris Simpson
March 29th 04, 06:38 AM
Don't know what to tell you... I have used Sandra for years with no
problems....

CHI-Matrix Administrator wrote:
> Has anyone gotten any benchmark software to work? I've tried 3Dmark2001se,
> aquamark3, Codecreatures, SiSoft Sandra 2004 Version, and GL Excess Version
> 1.2. The only ones I could get to run were Sis Sandra and GL Excess. Sis
> Sandra didn't detect most special features of my card (3D, Alpha Blending,
> etc.) and GL Excess looked beautiful and ran great but did not produce any
> results in the single benchmark mode (the results.htm file had colored bars
> all the same size with no numbers or indications of performance) and ran
> with errors at the end of each test in the multi-benchmark mode (I had to
> hit escape after each round of test then retry or abort to continue on to
> the next test) and still did not produce results..

Ben Pope
March 29th 04, 10:09 PM
CHI-Matrix Administrator wrote:
> Has anyone gotten any benchmark software to work? I've tried 3Dmark2001se,
> aquamark3, Codecreatures, SiSoft Sandra 2004 Version, and GL Excess
> Version
> 1.2. The only ones I could get to run were Sis Sandra and GL Excess.

Instead of talking about benchmark software, I think you need to work out
what is wrong with your system if half the stuff you run on it doesn't work.

> Sis
> Sandra didn't detect most special features of my card (3D, Alpha Blending,
> etc.)

I could guess what card you have, but that would be much harder than you
telling us.

> and GL Excess looked beautiful and ran great but did not produce any
> results in the single benchmark mode (the results.htm file had colored
> bars all the same size with no numbers or indications of performance) and
> ran with errors at the end of each test in the multi-benchmark mode (I
> had to hit escape after each round of test then retry or abort to
> continue on to the next test) and still did not produce results..

Well if you told us a bit about your system and whether Prime95 Torture Test
and Memtest86 (I presume this works on AMD64) produce errors we might be
able to help.

Ben

CHI-Matrix Administrator
March 31st 04, 01:16 AM
Hi Ben

"Ben Pope" > wrote in message
> CHI-Matrix Administrator wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten any benchmark software to work? I've tried
3Dmark2001se,
> > aquamark3, Codecreatures, SiSoft Sandra 2004 Version, and GL Excess
> > Version
> > 1.2. The only ones I could get to run were Sis Sandra and GL Excess.
>
> Instead of talking about benchmark software, I think you need to work out
> what is wrong with your system if half the stuff you run on it doesn't
work.

What's your problem ???!! My "System" works fine. I (like most others in
this fourm) am running beta software. I mentioned several benchmark programs
that had problems running on it (everything else I've tried on it so far
runs fine - and faster) and was wondering if anyone else had similar
experiences.

> > Sis
> > Sandra didn't detect most special features of my card (3D, Alpha
Blending,
> > etc.)
>
> I could guess what card you have, but that would be much harder than you
> telling us.

I mentioned what card I had in my signature, an Alienware Special Edition
nVidia 5950 Graphics Card.
Alienware Extreme Edition GeForceT FX 5950 Ultra 256MB 8x AGP w/DVI &
S-Video
From the website.....
The Alienware Extreme Edition GeForceT FX 5950 Ultra provides a definitive
performance edge - featuring an exclusively enhanced engine speed of 510MHz
and memory speed of 950MHz.
Fire up your gaming with the most powerful member of the NVIDIAŽ GeForceT FX
family--the GeForce FX 5950 graphics processing unit (GPU). Delivering
blazing speeds, ultra-high resolutions, cinematic gaming effects, unmatched
features, and rock-solid stability, the GeForce FX 5950 GPU ignites PC
gaming. The second-generation Intellisample high-resolution compression
technology (HCT) delivers the highest-quality antialiasing for
ultra-realistic visuals with no jagged edges. And, powered by the NVIDIA
CineFXT 2.0 engine with the industry's only true 128-bit precision
processing--the GeForce FX 5950 GPU takes cinematic-quality special effects
to new levels while providing the industry's most compatible and reliable
gaming platform.

Specifications:

Name:Extreme Edition GeForceT FX 5950 Ultra
GPU Speed:510 MHz
Memory Configuration:256 MB 950 MHz DDR
Interface:AGP 4x/8x
Graphics Engine:NVIDIA CineFXT 2.0
Fill Rate:4.0 Gigapixels/s
Memory Bandwidth:30.4 GB/Sec
TV-Out Support:Yes
Multiple Display Support:Yes
RAMDAC Speed:Dual 400MHz

> > and GL Excess looked beautiful and ran great but did not produce any
> > results in the single benchmark mode (the results.htm file had colored
> > bars all the same size with no numbers or indications of performance)
and
> > ran with errors at the end of each test in the multi-benchmark mode (I
> > had to hit escape after each round of test then retry or abort to
> > continue on to the next test) and still did not produce results..
>
> Well if you told us a bit about your system and whether Prime95 Torture
Test
> and Memtest86 (I presume this works on AMD64) produce errors we might be
> able to help.

Again, My system description was in my signature...
Running Win64 on an ASUS SK8N Motherboard with an AMD 64 FX-51 2.2Ghz CPU, 2
Gig of Ram, and an Alienware Special Edition nVidia 5950 Graphics Card.
I also have a Creative Sound BlasterŽ Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - 7.1
installed and working fine. I configured my system from here:
http://www.alienware.com/system_pages/aurora_ddr.aspx

I'll try those other benchmarks you mentioned.

> Ben

Gregory I. Hayes

Ben Pope
March 31st 04, 08:31 AM
CHI-Matrix Administrator wrote:
> Hi Ben
>
> "Ben Pope" > wrote in message
>> Instead of talking about benchmark software, I think you need to work out
>> what is wrong with your system if half the stuff you run on it doesn't
>> work.
>
> What's your problem ???!!

I don't have a problem.

> My "System" works fine. I (like most others in
> this fourm) am running beta software. I mentioned several benchmark
> programs that had problems running on it (everything else I've tried on
> it so far runs fine - and faster) and was wondering if anyone else had
> similar experiences.

Well why do the benchmark programs have problems?

I wasn't attacking you, I was trying to help.

>> I could guess what card you have, but that would be much harder than you
>> telling us.
>
> I mentioned what card I had in my signature, an Alienware Special Edition
> nVidia 5950 Graphics Card.

I apologise, I tend to hit reply before reading the whole post, OE-Quotefix
strips the sig.

> Alienware Extreme Edition GeForceT FX 5950 Ultra 256MB 8x AGP w/DVI &
> S-Video
> From the website.....
> <snip marketing BS>
> Specifications:
>
> Name:Extreme Edition GeForceT FX 5950 Ultra
> GPU Speed:510 MHz
> Memory Configuration:256 MB 950 MHz DDR
> Interface:AGP 4x/8x
> Graphics Engine:NVIDIA CineFXT 2.0
> Fill Rate:4.0 Gigapixels/s
> Memory Bandwidth:30.4 GB/Sec
> TV-Out Support:Yes
> Multiple Display Support:Yes
> RAMDAC Speed:Dual 400MHz
>
>> Well if you told us a bit about your system and whether Prime95 Torture
>> Test and Memtest86 (I presume this works on AMD64) produce errors we
>> might be able to help.
>>

> Again, My system description was in my signature...

Again I apologise.

> Running Win64 on an ASUS SK8N Motherboard with an AMD 64 FX-51 2.2Ghz
> CPU, 2 Gig of Ram, and an Alienware Special Edition nVidia 5950 Graphics
> Card.
> I also have a Creative Sound BlasterŽ Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - 7.1
> installed and working fine. I configured my system from here:
> http://www.alienware.com/system_pages/aurora_ddr.aspx
>
> I'll try those other benchmarks you mentioned.

They are generally used as stability tests rather than benchmarks, although
the memtest could be used as a crude memory bandwidth bench, and Prim95
gives you a good idea of number crunching ability.

Ben

CHI-Matrix Administrator
April 1st 04, 02:47 AM
Apology accepted

Got SiSoftware Sandra working, Loaded and ran SpecViewPerf 7.1 O.K. Now I
can compare with other systems. I am only running This stuff for a few days
more. It will be interesting to see what numbers I get with 32bit XP Pro
reloaded . I don't have any "before" benchmarks.

Gregory I. Hayes