PDA

View Full Version : XP64 help

Jim Baird
March 28th 04, 04:36 PM
Hi ALL ..
thanks for the help .. I burned the image to a disk using nero and it
worked..... now for the next problem ... it will boot fine from the CD now I
will get the xp64 start up stuff until come to " hit enter to load xp" when
I do that I get an error " if this is the first time you have seen this
screen restart your computer" you have an error something like disable your
antivirus and and disk compression ...I don`t have any of that on this
computer yet???? can anyone point me in the right direction
TIA
Jim

Robert Furda
March 28th 04, 10:52 PM
Hey Jim,
Make sure there is no antivirus firmware on the MB. if there is, disable it
in the bios.

"Jim Baird" > wrote in message
. com...
> Hi ALL ..
> thanks for the help .. I burned the image to a disk using nero and it
> worked..... now for the next problem ... it will boot fine from the CD now
> will get the xp64 start up stuff until come to " hit enter to load xp"
when
> I do that I get an error " if this is the first time you have seen this
> screen restart your computer" you have an error something like disable
your
> antivirus and and disk compression ...I don`t have any of that on this
> computer yet???? can anyone point me in the right direction
> TIA
> Jim

Harry C
March 29th 04, 05:41 PM
Enable Cool 'n' quiet in BIOS.
Harryc
--

"Robert Furda" > wrote in message
> Hey Jim,
> Make sure there is no antivirus firmware on the MB. if there is, disable
> it
> in the bios.
>

> "Jim Baird" > wrote in message
> . com...
>> Hi ALL ..
>> thanks for the help .. I burned the image to a disk using nero and it
>> worked..... now for the next problem ... it will boot fine from the CD
>> now
>> will get the xp64 start up stuff until come to " hit enter to load xp"
> when
>> I do that I get an error " if this is the first time you have seen this
>> screen restart your computer" you have an error something like disable
> your
>> antivirus and and disk compression ...I don`t have any of that on this
>> computer yet???? can anyone point me in the right direction
>> TIA
>> Jim

Jim Baird
March 30th 04, 03:11 AM
Well I looked all through the bios and couldn`t find anything I have a
Gigabyte K8N pro anyone have another idea??
Thanks all for the help
Jim
"Harry C" > wrote in message
> Enable Cool 'n' quiet in BIOS.
> Harryc
> --
>
> "Robert Furda" > wrote in message
> > Hey Jim,
> > Make sure there is no antivirus firmware on the MB. if there is, disable
> > it
> > in the bios.
> >

> > "Jim Baird" > wrote in message
> > . com...
> >> Hi ALL ..
> >> thanks for the help .. I burned the image to a disk using nero and it
> >> worked..... now for the next problem ... it will boot fine from the CD
> >> now
> >> will get the xp64 start up stuff until come to " hit enter to load xp"
> > when
> >> I do that I get an error " if this is the first time you have seen this
> >> screen restart your computer" you have an error something like disable
> > your
> >> antivirus and and disk compression ...I don`t have any of that on this
> >> computer yet???? can anyone point me in the right direction
> >> TIA
> >> Jim

phil
March 30th 04, 06:13 PM
"Jim Baird" > wrote in
. com:

i had the same sort of problem,
you get that sort of message when changing alot
of hardware.
try turning off from the bios..
your sound.
your usb.
firewire if u have it.
and any other onboard built in bits
including serial and printer ports.
if u have antivirus installed uninstall it.
then reboot and try to re-install again, or boot from cdrom, it worked
for me. then re-anable when installed.
my sound and firewire seemed to be the one's stopping the install.
let us know if u have any luck.
phil.

DiskMan
March 31st 04, 11:26 PM

April 20th 04, 02:48 AM
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:36:53 GMT, "Jim Baird"
> wrote:

>Hi ALL ..
>thanks for the help .. I burned the image to a disk using nero and it
>worked..... now for the next problem ... it will boot fine from the CD now I
>will get the xp64 start up stuff until come to " hit enter to load xp" when
>I do that I get an error " if this is the first time you have seen this
>screen restart your computer" you have an error something like disable your
>antivirus and and disk compression ...I don`t have any of that on this
>computer yet???? can anyone point me in the right direction
>TIA
>Jim

Are you, by chance, using a LiteOn or Goldstar drive to boot?

My LiteOn DVD+R drive will not boot anything - Linux, Win, FBSD. I get
the very same BSOD when booting an XP CD.

Bought the cheapest DVD-ROM drive I could find at a local show, and
voila! Boots fine.

Good luck.

P.S. I know it was the burner because it happened with 3 different
mobo/cpu combos.