PDA

View Full Version : MBM5 and AMD64 temps HELP

joseph
March 26th 04, 03:23 AM
Hi all ,
I have a 3400+ on a ECS 755-a mobo and when I view the temperatures temp
one is at 70 deg Celsius and I am not sure what part this is, has any one
know what the three temp probes are monitoring?

joseph

Wes Newell
March 26th 04, 06:13 AM
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:23:20 -0600, joseph wrote:

> Hi all ,
> I have a 3400+ on a ECS 755-a mobo and when I view the temperatures temp
> one is at 70 deg Celsius and I am not sure what part this is, has any one
> know what the three temp probes are monitoring?

Sounds like it's using the same ITE87 sensors that the board I have
(Jetway S755MAX) uses. Cab you confirm this? ANyway, my temp 1 also stays
at 70C all the time regardless of abient. The only way i can get it to
change is to run glxgears, a linux frame rate tester. This is with the
ITE87 set to use the thermistors. Using the diodes give wacky results.
Temp2 is definately the MB sensor, and Temp3 is the cpu, or appears to be,
although it gets eratic sometimes. So best guess for Temp1 is video card
GPU. If you find anything different, let me know. Maybe I'll boot into win
and try and find the differences.

General Schvantzkoph
March 26th 04, 08:29 AM
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:23:20 -0600, joseph wrote:

> Hi all ,
> I have a 3400+ on a ECS 755-a mobo and when I view the temperatures temp
> one is at 70 deg Celsius and I am not sure what part this is, has any one
> know what the three temp probes are monitoring?
>
> joseph

Look at the temperatures in the BIOS and then correlate them with the MBM
values.

Wes Newell
March 26th 04, 10:30 AM
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:13:07 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:23:20 -0600, joseph wrote:
>
>> Hi all ,
>> I have a 3400+ on a ECS 755-a mobo and when I view the temperatures temp
>> one is at 70 deg Celsius and I am not sure what part this is, has any one
>> know what the three temp probes are monitoring?
>>
> Sounds like it's using the same ITE87 sensors that the board I have
> (Jetway S755MAX) uses. Cab you confirm this? ANyway, my temp 1 also stays
> at 70C all the time regardless of abient. The only way i can get it to
> change is to run glxgears, a linux frame rate tester. This is with the
> ITE87 set to use the thermistors. Using the diodes give wacky results.
> Temp2 is definately the MB sensor, and Temp3 is the cpu, or appears to be,
> although it gets eratic sometimes. So best guess for Temp1 is video card
> GPU. If you find anything different, let me know. Maybe I'll boot into win
> and try and find the differences.

OK, ran MBM in win, and with sensor 1 set to -1 and so forth, I got 35,
27, 33 in the dashboard. The first sensor appears to conincide with the
CPU temp in ITE SmartGuardian, so I'm not sure. Maybe you need to update
your MBM. And maybe I just need to divide by 2 for the Linux monitor. I've
emailed Jetway for any info they can give me on which sensor they use for
the cpu, but I'm not holding my breath.:-)

Wes Newell
March 26th 04, 02:07 PM
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:30:39 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:13:07 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:23:20 -0600, joseph wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all ,
>>> I have a 3400+ on a ECS 755-a mobo and when I view the temperatures temp
>>> one is at 70 deg Celsius and I am not sure what part this is, has any one
>>> know what the three temp probes are monitoring?
>>>
>> Sounds like it's using the same ITE87 sensors that the board I have
>> (Jetway S755MAX) uses. Cab you confirm this? ANyway, my temp 1 also stays
>> at 70C all the time regardless of abient. The only way i can get it to
>> change is to run glxgears, a linux frame rate tester. This is with the
>> ITE87 set to use the thermistors. Using the diodes give wacky results.
>> Temp2 is definately the MB sensor, and Temp3 is the cpu, or appears to be,
>> although it gets eratic sometimes. So best guess for Temp1 is video card
>> GPU. If you find anything different, let me know. Maybe I'll boot into win
>> and try and find the differences.
>
> OK, ran MBM in win, and with sensor 1 set to -1 and so forth, I got 35,
> 27, 33 in the dashboard. The first sensor appears to conincide with the
> CPU temp in ITE SmartGuardian, so I'm not sure. Maybe you need to update
> your MBM. And maybe I just need to divide by 2 for the Linux monitor. I've
> emailed Jetway for any info they can give me on which sensor they use for
> the cpu, but I'm not holding my breath.:-)

Ok, now I can eat my words. Jetway replied to my email within 2 hours. Not
any help, but it was a reply from a real person. I don't think the tech
support people know to much about the engineering part of the board or
bios other than to say there's no new bios.

joseph
March 27th 04, 03:44 AM
Ok all I got it,
when I set up sensor 2&3 I need to leave them on the sensor, but when I
set sensor 1 up I half to set it up top the with sensor-diode, the proc temp
runs correctly.

thanks for the suggestions though.

joseph