PDA

View Full Version : Argument passing rules?

Thomas A. Horsley
March 23rd 04, 11:25 PM
I have been reading the amd64 ABI document from the amd64.org web site, and
it contains a supposedly english description of the rules for determining
how to pass arguments to functions, but in fact rather than an algorithm or
coherent description of some kind, it is actually a sequence of random
english words that have been concatenated :-).

Does anyone have a better description of argument passing rules somewhere?

For instance, where in the gcc source code might I find the machine
dependent bits that decide how to pass arguments?
--
>>==>> The *Best* political site <URL:http://www.vote-smart.org/> >>==+
email: icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+