PDA

View Full Version : Damaged CPU?

mkirby23
March 23rd 04, 10:11 PM
I just received my new AMD64 3400+ from Newegg. As I was checking out the
cpu inside the plastic packaging, I noticed a small round dent in the cpu a
little smaller than the tip of a ballpoint pen. It is located just above
AMD 2001 logo. There are no markings on the packaging to indicate that
something poked through it. Is this a common manufacturing mark or do you
think my cpu could be damaged? I'm scared to open the box until I get a
opinion.

Thanks!

Harry C
March 23rd 04, 11:31 PM
This is how mine looked. I do not recall a dent.

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/19-103-427-02.JPG

Harryc
--

"mkirby23" > wrote in message
om...
>I just received my new AMD64 3400+ from Newegg. As I was checking out the
> cpu inside the plastic packaging, I noticed a small round dent in the cpu
> little smaller than the tip of a ballpoint pen. It is located just above
> AMD 2001 logo. There are no markings on the packaging to indicate that
> something poked through it. Is this a common manufacturing mark or do you
> think my cpu could be damaged? I'm scared to open the box until I get a
> opinion.
>
> Thanks!

Van Souza
March 24th 04, 04:52 AM