PDA

View Full Version : Re: question xp64

DougH
March 18th 04, 09:21 AM
> Alot of people use
> NERO to burn the images, but alot of time NERO doesn't load the ISO as an
> image and it burns it as a file.
>
> --
> Jose Rivera, MCP
> Event Horizon Computers

In that kind of situation you cancel the wizard if it pops up and use the
burn image file selection under the recorder pull down menu. Finding the
location of the iso file you want to burn click on it and NERO does it's
stuff.

DougH

Jim Baird
March 20th 04, 04:42 AM
Ok Guys call me a dumb ass but I am new to this....
I have tried everything ..now I get (NTLDR missing) when I try to boot from
the CD
Thanks for any help
Jim
"Ed" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:07:39 GMT, "Jim Baird" >
> wrote:
>
> >Hello all,
> >I have been trying to install XP64 on this new 64 system..
> >I have disabled the SATA drive and unplugged it, on that drive is xp Pro
32,
> >I have a 20 gig ata drive to install xp64 . I have a CD I made from ms
web
> >site with the key # ms sent to my e-mail, I have set my bios to boot from
> >the CD....When I start the system with the CD in the drive it won`t boot
> >from the CD...I looked for support and ms has none for this ....can
someone
> >point me in the right direction??
> >TIA
> >Jim
> >

> These aren't my tips, but this guy is running Win64, So FWIW ......
>
> WinXP-64 Beta install on MSI FIS2R
> Set BIOS to defaults
> Disable the caches (video & bios)
> Enable CnQ
> Don't disable either sata controller even if your not using it
> Enable or disable the onboard sound depending on your having a sb in a
> pci slot or not.
> Don't do the F6 at the beginning of the install.
> Don't try to feed xp64 any drivers in the very initial part of the
> Install.
> The firewire drivers, usb drivers, serial drivers are all on the xp64
> install.
>
> Cheers,
> Ed

Povl H. Pedersen
March 20th 04, 12:37 PM
In article >, Jim Baird wrote:
> Ok Guys call me a dumb ass but I am new to this....
> I have tried everything ..now I get (NTLDR missing) when I try to boot from
> the CD
> Thanks for any help

Usually means it has a filesystem FAT/FAT32/NTFS created on WinNT/XP,
but isn't bootable.

>> These aren't my tips, but this guy is running Win64, So FWIW ......
>>
>> WinXP-64 Beta install on MSI FIS2R
>> Set BIOS to defaults
>> Disable the caches (video & bios)
>> Enable CnQ
>> Don't disable either sata controller even if your not using it
>> Enable or disable the onboard sound depending on your having a sb in a
>> pci slot or not.
>> Don't do the F6 at the beginning of the install.
>> Don't try to feed xp64 any drivers in the very initial part of the
>> Install.
>> The firewire drivers, usb drivers, serial drivers are all on the xp64
>> install.

On my cheap FIC K8 T800 I had trouble until BIOS was upgraded
(not with Windows but every kernel 2.4 linux based install).