PDA

View Full Version : booting a shadow mirrored disk?

Mick Miller
September 25th 04, 09:25 AM
Wehave an ML350..with no raid card (dont ask not my desision)

2 drives running software mirroring (dont blame me)

the main drive has failed .......shaddow wont boot

We have had the same problem on some clone servers all boot fine, i
know the problems software mirrioring cause

but does anyone know a easy way to make the compaq boot?

NuTCrAcKeR
September 25th 04, 05:30 PM
I am assuming that you have an NT/2000 floppy boot disk. Did you modify the
ARC path so that disk 1 is used to boot from, rather than disk 0 (which is
the drive i presume has failed)?

take this experience to your bosses. ask them for $75 to go ebay a decent
hardware controller.

- LC