PDA

View Full Version : wierd IDE cable p/n needed


NuTCrAcKeR
September 8th 04, 03:24 AM
Hey Troops ...

I just picked up a 6400R for a song. It didnt have a CDROM drive, and I
found a combo floppy/CD from a DL580 so I picked it up. Neither the system,
nor the drive combo came with the tiny little cable that takes a normal
IDE40 pin header, and bends it to a micro IDE40 cable. Big40 = Male, micro40
= female.

Does anyone know that partnumber for this little bugger?

Many thanks,

LC

NuTCrAcKeR
September 8th 04, 03:30 AM
Correction:

IDE40 to a smaller 50pin

Not unlike this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31531&item=6705971971
&rd=1

- LC

"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
...
> Hey Troops ...
>
> I just picked up a 6400R for a song. It didnt have a CDROM drive, and I
> found a combo floppy/CD from a DL580 so I picked it up. Neither the
system,
> nor the drive combo came with the tiny little cable that takes a normal
> IDE40 pin header, and bends it to a micro IDE40 cable. Big40 = Male,
micro40
> = female.
>
> Does anyone know that partnumber for this little bugger?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> LC
>
>

NuTCrAcKeR
September 8th 04, 04:22 AM
actually ... this appears to be exactly what i need:

http://www.trademoon.com/Product47303.aspx

jus thought i would share...

-LC

"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
...
> Correction:
>
> IDE40 to a smaller 50pin
>
> Not unlike this:
>
>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31531&item=6705971971
> &rd=1
>
> - LC
>
> "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Hey Troops ...
> >
> > I just picked up a 6400R for a song. It didnt have a CDROM drive, and I
> > found a combo floppy/CD from a DL580 so I picked it up. Neither the
> system,
> > nor the drive combo came with the tiny little cable that takes a normal
> > IDE40 pin header, and bends it to a micro IDE40 cable. Big40 = Male,
> micro40
> > = female.
> >
> > Does anyone know that partnumber for this little bugger?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > LC
> >
> >
>
>

Larry
September 8th 04, 05:58 AM
"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
...
> actually ... this appears to be exactly what i need:
>
> http://www.trademoon.com/Product47303.aspx
>
> jus thought i would share...
>
> -LC

Boy that thing is weird. So it puts power on a couple pins on the cable?

I don't recall seeing that in any of our 6500r servers.

If you're not in a hurry, I'd put the part number on Ebay under your
'favorites' search. Sooner or later you'll get an email that one has been
listed.

Larry

NuTCrAcKeR
September 8th 04, 06:30 AM
Well, I wouldnt say im in a "hurry", but I do want to build this beast out
and get it online ....

Daddy needs a new Exchange 2003 server, ya know ?

I requested a quote ... cant imagine it will be TOO much.

- LC

"Larry" > wrote in message
...
>
> "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> ...
> > actually ... this appears to be exactly what i need:
> >
> > http://www.trademoon.com/Product47303.aspx
> >
> > jus thought i would share...
> >
> > -LC
>
> Boy that thing is weird. So it puts power on a couple pins on the cable?
>
> I don't recall seeing that in any of our 6500r servers.
>
> If you're not in a hurry, I'd put the part number on Ebay under your
> 'favorites' search. Sooner or later you'll get an email that one has been
> listed.
>
> Larry
>
>

Larry
September 8th 04, 06:48 AM
"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
...
> Well, I wouldnt say im in a "hurry", but I do want to build this beast out
> and get it online ....
>
> Daddy needs a new Exchange 2003 server, ya know ?
>
> I requested a quote ... cant imagine it will be TOO much.

When you leave yourself open like that, you KNOW the price will be high. :-)

(`._. rr ._.)

Eugene
September 9th 04, 10:20 PM
Larry wrote:

>
> "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> ...
>> actually ... this appears to be exactly what i need:
>>
>> http://www.trademoon.com/Product47303.aspx
>>
>> jus thought i would share...
>>
>> -LC
>
> Boy that thing is weird. So it puts power on a couple pins on the cable?
>
> I don't recall seeing that in any of our 6500r servers.
>
> If you're not in a hurry, I'd put the part number on Ebay under your
> 'favorites' search. Sooner or later you'll get an email that one has been
> listed.
>
> Larry
Its basically a desktop to laptop IDE adapter. Laptop hard disks have 44
pins, the normal 40 and power, laptop cdrom drives have the normal 40,
power and audio on a 50pin connector and there are now a couple different
standards of laptop cd-rom IDE as well.