PDA

View Full Version : Proliant 800 P14 question

Joep
August 18th 04, 09:05 PM
Hey,

The bios battery of my server is empty
the motherboard has a connection for a
extern battery.
Does annybody know wich of the pins is the + and wich is the -
of the tree pins?

the pins are in this way;

And what is the voltage?

Thanks in advance,

Joep

NuTCrAcKeR
August 19th 04, 03:56 AM
if I am not mistake, it goes like this"

X (black) - ground

X (red) - juice
X(open) - empty

- LC

"Joep" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hey,
>
> The bios battery of my server is empty
> the motherboard has a connection for a
> extern battery.
> Does annybody know wich of the pins is the + and wich is the -
> of the tree pins?
>
> the pins are in this way;

> And what is the voltage?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Joep

Joep
August 19th 04, 09:48 PM
Thanks a lot man!!

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
> if I am not mistake, it goes like this"
>
> X (black) - ground
>
> X (red) - juice
> X(open) - empty
>
> - LC
>

> "Joep" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>Hey,
>>
>>The bios battery of my server is empty
>>the motherboard has a connection for a
>>extern battery.
>>Does annybody know wich of the pins is the + and wich is the -
>>of the tree pins?
>>
>>the pins are in this way;

>>And what is the voltage?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Joep

Joep
August 19th 04, 09:49 PM
Voltage????

3 volt?

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

> if I am not mistake, it goes like this"
>
> X (black) - ground
>
> X (red) - juice
> X(open) - empty
>
> - LC
>

> "Joep" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>Hey,
>>
>>The bios battery of my server is empty
>>the motherboard has a connection for a
>>extern battery.
>>Does annybody know wich of the pins is the + and wich is the -
>>of the tree pins?
>>
>>the pins are in this way;

>>And what is the voltage?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Joep

Nut Cracker
August 19th 04, 11:42 PM
whatever the voltage on the onboard battery is ...

2.3v, i believe. Check to be sure ... there is a decent probability I am
wrong on this (going from memory).

- LC

news:[email protected]