PDA

View Full Version : broadband or dsl

rc
August 10th 04, 12:17 PM
here is a question,which is faster,broadband or dsl?we just got dsl in our
area and also the internet provider we use just put up a tower in our area
for broadband. I have 2 desktop computers and 1 laptop.can anyone honestly
tell me which one is faster?They cost the same to get,39.95 a month.Thanks
rc

Steve
August 12th 04, 12:13 PM
rc wrote:
> here is a question,which is faster,broadband or dsl?we just got dsl in our
> area and also the internet provider we use just put up a tower in our area
> for broadband. I have 2 desktop computers and 1 laptop.can anyone honestly
> tell me which one is faster?They cost the same to get,39.95 a month.Thanks
> rc

dsl is broadband, mosttimes.

rc
August 12th 04, 01:40 PM
isnt broadband wireless?
"Steve" > wrote in message
> rc wrote:
> > here is a question,which is faster,broadband or dsl?we just got dsl in
our
> > area and also the internet provider we use just put up a tower in our
area
> > for broadband. I have 2 desktop computers and 1 laptop.can anyone
honestly
> > tell me which one is faster?They cost the same to get,39.95 a
month.Thanks
> > rc

> > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
>
> dsl is broadband, mosttimes.

Eugene
August 12th 04, 05:18 PM
rc wrote:

> isnt broadband wireless?

Broadband is a general term for anything not dialup.
So wireless, cable, dsl, etc are all broadband.