PDA

View Full Version : USB PCI Card on Proliant 800 P-II ?

Pandora
August 7th 04, 08:56 AM
Can anyone tell me why my Proliant 800 with P-II processors and
windows 2003 server, keeps finding an Intel PCI to USB controller ?
It is NOT in the server, but the Device Manager show one, with at
yellow exclamation mark.
The Device status is: "Your computer's system firmware does not
include enough information to properly configure and use this
device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to
obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)"
But the is NO USB PCI card in the server, and i am running the
latest BIOS ?

Any Advice ?

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Conny
August 7th 04, 09:55 AM
"Pandora" > skrev i meddelandet
.. .
> Can anyone tell me why my Proliant 800 with P-II processors and
> windows 2003 server, keeps finding an Intel PCI to USB controller ?
> It is NOT in the server, but the Device Manager show one, with at
> yellow exclamation mark.
> The Device status is: "Your computer's system firmware does not
> include enough information to properly configure and use this
> device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to
> obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)"
> But the is NO USB PCI card in the server, and i am running the
> latest BIOS ?
>
> Any Advice ?

> Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Window$ is braindead, the only thing I can think of.

Pandora
August 7th 04, 11:55 AM
Well, we can agree on that *G*

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

NuTCrAcKeR
August 8th 04, 07:30 AM
while there are no USB headers on the machine, the chipset supports USB 1.0.
That is why the interface shows up under the device manager. Dont pay any
attenton to it. Just disable it an move on.

- LC

"Conny" > wrote in message

> "Pandora" > skrev i meddelandet
> .. .
> > Can anyone tell me why my Proliant 800 with P-II processors and
> > windows 2003 server, keeps finding an Intel PCI to USB controller ?
> > It is NOT in the server, but the Device Manager show one, with at
> > yellow exclamation mark.
> > The Device status is: "Your computer's system firmware does not
> > include enough information to properly configure and use this
> > device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to
> > obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)"
> > But the is NO USB PCI card in the server, and i am running the
> > latest BIOS ?
> >
> > Any Advice ?

> > Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28
> > * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
> >

> Window$ is braindead, the only thing I can think of.

Pandora
August 9th 04, 09:13 AM
oh. so that's why - funny though...

Thx for your explantion