PDA

View Full Version : NT Parallel Install on Proliant ml530

mjc
August 4th 04, 06:25 PM
Trying to do a parallel install (NT 4.0) on a compaq proliant ml530.
I have the NT 4.0 boot disks, have replaced the atapi.sys file with a
more recent one, and I have the drivers for the smart array 5300. I
get to the end of the install and it says it can't find a CD-Rom
drive, am I missing something?

thanks

Nut Cracker
August 4th 04, 08:58 PM
just boot from your 4.0 cd.

Your atapi driver shoundnt require any changing, but you may need to F6 the
driver for the 3200.

choose the same partition that the other OS install is on, and it will bark
that there is already a \winnt folder on that volume. Tell it to install to
an alternate location (winnt01, for example) and you will be fine.

- LC