PDA

View Full Version : Smartstart 5.5 Download

thanks
August 1st 04, 12:45 PM
Just bought a Proliant 5500 and need the Smartstart 5.5 or below iso file.
Compaq kindly told me this but also kindly forget to say you have to buy
it and get it vial snail mail.
I need to set this server up really quickly and judging from some of the
posts this CD can take nearly a week to arrive.
If someone can give me a link to download this file and it works OK i'll
donate the $30 I would have paid COMPAQ (HP) to charity.
Thanks in Advance
Thanks

NuTCrAcKeR
August 3rd 04, 01:42 AM
You can have it from me in less than an hour. Actaually, I the version I
have is 5.30 which will also work just fine for you.

info @ dnsplus . net

- LC

"thanks" > wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
> Just bought a Proliant 5500 and need the Smartstart 5.5 or below iso file.
> Compaq kindly told me this but also kindly forget to say you have to buy
> it and get it vial snail mail.
> I need to set this server up really quickly and judging from some of the
> posts this CD can take nearly a week to arrive.
> If someone can give me a link to download this file and it works OK i'll
> donate the $30 I would have paid COMPAQ (HP) to charity.
> Thanks in Advance
> Thanks

karlos
August 8th 04, 03:13 AM
Hello there i am in a right hole as i also need the version 5.5 can you
help, me i can downlaod via ftp if needed fast as i have a fast
connection, just stuck sorting this server , i have 5.30, but need 5.5,
please help. if i can help you with anything please ask.

karlos
August 8th 04, 03:15 AM
Help needed i have 5.30 but is no good needed is version 5.5, can you help
i can download via ftp fast, also if you need anything ill see if i can
help you out also.

karlos
August 8th 04, 03:15 AM
Help needed i have 5.30 but is no good needed is version 5.5, can you help
i can download via ftp fast, also if you need anything ill see if i can
help you out also.

danielgsit
September 11th 04, 02:24 PM
I, if you have the ISO image, we have the same situation of karlos.

Thnak in advance
Daniel

NuTCrAcKeR
September 11th 04, 05:23 PM
follow the instructions in the post that you are responding to.

- LC

"danielgsit" > wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
> I, if you have the ISO image, we have the same situation of karlos.
>
> Thnak in advance
> Daniel

Warm8ech
October 23rd 04, 01:51 AM
Is there anyway I can get a copy of the Smart Start 5.5 as well..

Thanks
SB

inthenash
November 12th 04, 01:20 AM
I also would like to get a copy of this ISO. Can anyone help me?

inthenash
November 12th 04, 01:21 AM
I also would like a copy of this iso. Can anyone help me?

Larry
November 12th 04, 05:30 AM
"inthenash" > wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
> I also would like to get a copy of this ISO. Can anyone help me?

NutCracker has it on his server- He will be right with you.

(`._. rr ._.)

koemsry
November 15th 04, 04:41 PM
I am also looking for a copy of 5.5. anyone help. many thanks

NuTCrAcKeR
November 16th 04, 12:46 AM
search this group, or send an email to cpqiso at dnsplus dot net

- LC

"koemsry" > wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
> I am also looking for a copy of 5.5. anyone help. many thanks

lordcompaq
December 25th 04, 11:11 AM
thanks Wrote:
> Just bought a Proliant 5500 and need the Smartstart 5.5 or below is
> file.
> Compaq kindly told me this but also kindly forget to say you have t
> buy
> it and get it vial snail mail.
> I need to set this server up really quickly and judging from some o
> the
> posts this CD can take nearly a week to arrive.
> If someone can give me a link to download this file and it works O
> i'll
> donate the $30 I would have paid COMPAQ (HP) to charity.
> Thanks in Advance
> Thanks

This is an update for those looking for Smart Start ISO's ...

Send an email to cpqiso at dnsplus . net and you will automaticall
receive instructions to get the ISO.

The ISO's have been updated to include 5.50 and 6.40. They are package
as self-extracting RAR files ( .exe ) so you dont have to fuss
compression program. The archives have MD5 checksum files too.

Thanks for all the support that this group has given us.

Happy Holidays ...

dnsplus, chicago

--
lordcompaq

dkenning
January 8th 07, 03:53 PM
Would it also be possible for me to get a copy of the smartstart 5.5 cd
? I need to rebuild a dl360 g1 also

--
dkenning
dkenning's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=485

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in

NuTCrAcKeR
January 8th 07, 08:23 PM
its available from HP ... search on SmartStart 5.50 ISO and you will find
the download page. Burn the CD at the slowest possible speed, and you should
be ok.

- LC

"dkenning" > wrote in message

> Would it also be possible for me to get a copy of the smartstart 5.5 cd
> ? I need to rebuild a dl360 g1 also
>

> --
> dkenning
> dkenning's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=485
> View this thread: http://www.futurehardware.in/showthread.php?t=353505
>
> Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in

Jeffrey Alsip
January 9th 07, 02:01 AM
NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
> its available from HP ... search on SmartStart 5.50 ISO and you will find
> the download page. Burn the CD at the slowest possible speed, and you should
> be ok.
>
> - LC

Here's a link to make the search easier:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Jeffrey Alsip

NuTCrAcKeR
January 9th 07, 08:40 AM
"Jeffrey Alsip" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
>> its available from HP ... search on SmartStart 5.50 ISO and you will find
>> the download page. Burn the CD at the slowest possible speed, and you
>> should
>> be ok.
>>
>> - LC
>
> Here's a link to make the search easier:
>
> http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
>
> Jeffrey Alsip

aww, come'mon man ... teach a guy to fish, will ya ?

NuTCrAcKeR
January 9th 07, 08:41 AM
"Jeffrey Alsip" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
>> its available from HP ... search on SmartStart 5.50 ISO and you will find
>> the download page. Burn the CD at the slowest possible speed, and you
>> should
>> be ok.
>>
>> - LC
>
> Here's a link to make the search easier:
>
> http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
>
> Jeffrey Alsip

didja notice that he responded to a 2+ year old post .... that should tell
you something

Heimo Hetl
January 9th 07, 09:35 AM
NuTCrAcKeR > wrote:

> > Here's a link to make the search easier:
>
> aww, come'mon man ... teach a guy to fish, will ya ?

Nah, I prefer shopping at the fishmonger's. Call me a spoilt,
post-modernist urban bobo. :-)

Thanks, Jeffrey, for the link. Had been looking for that one myself.

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.