PDA

View Full Version : Proliant 1600r - Additional CPU

John
July 30th 04, 08:06 PM
I have (2) Proliant 1600r's. The one with a single processor is in use, and
the one with dual processors has been retired. To add a second processor to
the one that only has 1, is it as simple as unplugging it from the slot on
the main board in the 2nd server and plugging it into the first? Or is there
a voltage regulator or additional pieces that would need to be moved also?
From what I can tell from the label on the underside of the top cover, it
appears it's just the processor that needs to be moved.

Thanks!

John

NuTCrAcKeR
August 3rd 04, 01:40 AM
Depends on the model.

But, it is typically a CPU and VRM. Then, update the MachineHAL (for windows
machines) and you should be good.

- LC