PDA

View Full Version : SmartStart CD for Compaq Proliant 6400R

Amit Agarwal
July 30th 04, 12:16 AM
Hi,

I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
it from ?

thanks
Amit

VinceV
July 30th 04, 06:26 PM
Amit,

All the appropriate bits are available from the downloads at COMPAQ.
You can also but a smart start CD from them. I've seen SmartStart CDs
on ebay too.

VinceV

Amit Agarwal > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi,
>
> I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
> smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
> it from ?
>
> thanks
> Amit

Amit Agarwal
July 30th 04, 06:39 PM
VinceV wrote:

> Amit,
>
> All the appropriate bits are available from the downloads at COMPAQ.
> You can also but a smart start CD from them. I've seen SmartStart CDs
> on ebay too.

I downloaded all that was available but couldnt find the software to do
the initial configuration of the smart array controller. I think thats
only available in the SmartStart CD

-Amit

> VinceV
>
> Amit Agarwal > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
>>smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
>>it from ?
>>
>>thanks
>>Amit

Larry
July 30th 04, 09:21 PM
"Amit Agarwal" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi,
>
> I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
> smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
> it from ?
>
> thanks
> Amit

'NutCracker' is a regular here on this NG and *may* offer the SmartStart ISO
as a D/L from his server- You may want to contact him and *ask nice*.
Otherwise it's like $24 or so from Compaq.

(`._. rr ._.)

David S. Cuneo Justin
August 2nd 04, 04:01 PM
You can download the array configuration utility depending on the raid array
card that you have. You have to look up the array card though.

"VinceV" > wrote in message
om...
> Amit,
>
> All the appropriate bits are available from the downloads at COMPAQ.
> You can also but a smart start CD from them. I've seen SmartStart CDs
> on ebay too.
>
> VinceV
>
> Amit Agarwal > wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
> > smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
> > it from ?
> >
> > thanks
> > Amit

Amit Agarwal
August 2nd 04, 10:22 PM
It a compaq smart array 3200 controller. Where can i download the array
configuration utility for it ?

David S. Cuneo Justin wrote:
> You can download the array configuration utility depending on the raid array
> card that you have. You have to look up the array card though.
>
> "VinceV" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>Amit,
>>
>>All the appropriate bits are available from the downloads at COMPAQ.
>>You can also but a smart start CD from them. I've seen SmartStart CDs
>>on ebay too.
>>
>>VinceV
>>
>>Amit Agarwal > wrote in message
>
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
>>>smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
>>>it from ?
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>Amit

Larry
August 3rd 04, 01:37 AM
"Amit Agarwal" > wrote in message
> It a compaq smart array 3200 controller. Where can i download the array
> configuration utility for it ?
>
> David S. Cuneo Justin wrote:
> > You can download the array configuration utility depending on the raid
array
> > card that you have. You have to look up the array card though.
> >
> > "VinceV" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >
> >>Amit,
> >>
> >>All the appropriate bits are available from the downloads at COMPAQ.
> >>You can also but a smart start CD from them. I've seen SmartStart CDs
> >>on ebay too.
> >>
> >>VinceV
> >>
> >>Amit Agarwal > wrote in message
> >
> > news:<[email protected]>...

That was a pretty tough request: http://tinyurl.com/6nl2s

(`._. rr ._.)

NuTCrAcKeR
August 3rd 04, 01:39 AM
thanks larry,

I am cheap and easy. With a $5 bandwidth donation, SS CD ISO files (many
versions) can be had by all.

hit me at info @ dnsplus dot net

- LC

"Larry" > wrote in message

> "Amit Agarwal" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hi,
> >
> > I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
> > smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
> > it from ?
> >
> > thanks
> > Amit
>
> 'NutCracker' is a regular here on this NG and *may* offer the SmartStart
ISO
> as a D/L from his server- You may want to contact him and *ask nice*.
> Otherwise it's like $24 or so from Compaq.
>

> (`._. rr ._.)

Larry
August 3rd 04, 02:07 AM
"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> thanks larry,
>
> I am cheap and easy. With a $5 bandwidth donation, SS CD ISO files (many
> versions) can be had by all.
>
> hit me at info @ dnsplus dot net
>
> - LC

Hey, there you are NuTCrAcKeR.

I don't like 'speaking for someone else', but I hadn't seen ya around for a
while.

Welcome back :-)

(`._. rr ._.)

NuTCrAcKeR
August 3rd 04, 02:35 AM
"Larry" > wrote in message

> "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > thanks larry,
> >
> > I am cheap and easy. With a $5 bandwidth donation, SS CD ISO files (many
> > versions) can be had by all.
> >
> > hit me at info @ dnsplus dot net
> >
> > - LC
>
> Hey, there you are NuTCrAcKeR.
>
> I don't like 'speaking for someone else', but I hadn't seen ya around for
> while.
>
> Welcome back :-)
>
> (`._. rr ._.)

Thanks ... I took a much needed vacation

Larry
August 3rd 04, 02:49 AM
"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message

> "Larry" > wrote in message
> >
> > "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > > thanks larry,
> > >
> > > I am cheap and easy. With a $5 bandwidth donation, SS CD ISO files
(many
> > > versions) can be had by all.
> > >
> > > hit me at info @ dnsplus dot net
> > >
> > > - LC
> >
> > Hey, there you are NuTCrAcKeR.
> >
> > I don't like 'speaking for someone else', but I hadn't seen ya around
for
> > while.
> >
> > Welcome back :-)
> >
> > (`._. rr ._.)
> >

> Thanks ... I took a much needed vacation

Vacations are essential :-)

We took the kids to see the sites in Seattle last week:
http://citypass.com/cgi-bin/citypass/city_fly?mv_arg=seattle&rand=6091

It was way cool! I think we will even hit some of the other cities too.

(`._. rr ._.)

NuTCrAcKeR
August 3rd 04, 06:55 AM
"Larry" > wrote in message

> "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message

> (many

> > > Hey, there you are NuTCrAcKeR.
> > >
> > > I don't like 'speaking for someone else', but I hadn't seen ya around
> for
> > > while.
> > >
> > > Welcome back :-)
> > >
> > > (`._. rr ._.)
> > >

> > Thanks ... I took a much needed vacation
>
> Vacations are essential :-)
>
> We took the kids to see the sites in Seattle last week:
> http://citypass.com/cgi-bin/citypass/city_fly?mv_arg=seattle&rand=6091
>
> It was way cool! I think we will even hit some of the other cities too.

I took my 6 year old son to see his grandparents, and other family. We were
in central Oregon, and it was beautiful.
Its hot as the hinges of hell, and what feels like 218% humidity, back in
chicago (where I am now) ...

I will have to keep that site in mind for other outtings.

- LC