PDA

View Full Version : TRANSACTION BLASTER

Tony Bennett
July 25th 04, 09:25 PM
Hi

What is this part 163808-001

TRANSACTION BLASTER LEVEL 3

L3 Cache Daughter Board for ProLiant Servers

and Rack-Mountables

Should I buy it - cheap?

says its for a 4500R which I have.

Any Guru with the knowledge?

Thanks

Tony

NuTCrAcKeR
July 26th 04, 06:40 PM
Transaction blaster is just a big-ass L3 cache. Its good for things like
databases. Your processor board has to support them. I think it gives you a
total of 3M L2 cache ....

how cheap is cheap ?

- LC

"Tony Bennett" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> What is this part 163808-001
>
> TRANSACTION BLASTER LEVEL 3
>
> L3 Cache Daughter Board for ProLiant Servers
>
> and Rack-Mountables
>
> Should I buy it - cheap?
>
> says its for a 4500R which I have.
>
> Any Guru with the knowledge?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tony

Tony Bennett
July 26th 04, 09:17 PM
NuTCrAcCPI wrote:

> Transaction blaster is just a big-ass L3 cache. Its good for things like
> databases. Your processor board has to support them. I think it gives you
> a total of 3M L2 cache ....
>
> how cheap is cheap ?
>
> - LC
>
> "Tony Bennett" > wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> What is this part 163808-001
>>
>> TRANSACTION BLASTER LEVEL 3
>>
>> L3 Cache Daughter Board for ProLiant Servers
>>
>> and Rack-Mountables
>>
>> Should I buy it - cheap?
>>
>> says its for a 4500R which I have.
>>
>> Any Guru with the knowledge?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tony

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5711713166&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Tony

NuTCrAcKeR
July 27th 04, 01:59 PM
you would want to get 1 for each processor board you have. Your machine will
support up to 4 processor boards. I dont think 1 TB will be much of a value.
But hey... its only 5 pounds ... what have you really got to lose ?

- LC

"Tony Bennett" > wrote in message
> NuTCrAcCPI wrote:
>
> > Transaction blaster is just a big-ass L3 cache. Its good for things like
> > databases. Your processor board has to support them. I think it gives
you
> > a total of 3M L2 cache ....
> >
> > how cheap is cheap ?
> >
> > - LC
> >
> > "Tony Bennett" > wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> What is this part 163808-001
> >>
> >> TRANSACTION BLASTER LEVEL 3
> >>
> >> L3 Cache Daughter Board for ProLiant Servers
> >>
> >> and Rack-Mountables
> >>
> >> Should I buy it - cheap?
> >>
> >> says its for a 4500R which I have.
> >>
> >> Any Guru with the knowledge?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Tony

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5711713166&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

> Tony

Tony Bennett
July 27th 04, 10:01 PM
NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

> you would want to get 1 for each processor board you have. Your machine
> will support up to 4 processor boards. I dont think 1 TB will be much of a
> value. But hey... its only 5 pounds ... what have you really got to lose ?
>
> - LC
>
> "Tony Bennett" > wrote in message
>> NuTCrAcCPI wrote:
>>
>> > Transaction blaster is just a big-ass L3 cache. Its good for things
>> > like databases. Your processor board has to support them. I think it
>> > gives
> you
>> > a total of 3M L2 cache ....
>> >
>> > how cheap is cheap ?
>> >
>> > - LC

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5711713166&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

>> Tony

Hi LC

I have 4 processors so need four cards, think I'll pass on it..

but I might just buy it and get a server with one proc just to have a play
with.....

Good excuse for YASB - yet another server box!

Thanks for the info

Tony