PDA

View Full Version : Proliant M370

deniscouto10
July 22nd 04, 01:01 PM
Im trying to update my windows nt to windows 2000, but the disks are not
detected. known i need the drive for the storage but i dont have.Could
someone help me.
Thanks

Nut Cracker
July 22nd 04, 11:36 PM
do you have an array controller ? If so, which one ? do you have your boot
order set properly ?

- LC

"deniscouto10" > wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
> Im trying to update my windows nt to windows 2000, but the disks are not
> detected. known i need the drive for the storage but i dont have.Could
> someone help me.
> Thanks

hjean
January 24th 05, 11:53 AM
Nut Cracker Wrote:
> do you have an array controller ? If so, which one ? do you have your
> boot
> order set properly ?
>
> - LC
>
> "deniscouto10" wrote in message
> lkaboutcomputing.com...-
> Im trying to update my windows nt to windows 2000, but the disks are
> not
> detected. known i need the drive for the storage but i dont
> have.Could
> someone help me.
> Thanks
> -

Oh!
Hello, I don't not what answer your question because I have almost the
same problem. Me I have a server HP proliant ML370 with his CD
samartStart. But when I wanted to configure the Raid controller to
make a raid 1 with two hard disk SCSI of 36 Go, it does not detect any
controller RAID on the server. Then documentations say to me that the
controller is well integrated in the server. I do not know, if
somebody can help me.

--
hjean

hjean
January 24th 05, 02:21 PM
Oh!
Hello, I don't not what answer your question because I have almost the
same problem. Me I have a server HP proliant ML370 with his CD
samartStart. But when I wanted to configure the Raid controller to make
a raid 1 with two hard disk SCSI of 36 Go, it does not detect any
controller RAID on the server. Then documentations say to me that the
controller is well integrated in the server. I do not know, if somebody
can help me.

--
hjean

NuTCrAcKeR
January 25th 05, 03:35 AM
Hello,

The ML370 supports the integrated raid controller, but it requires a tiny
little add-in board for it to function. Check your system board and you will
see it, or you wont. I tend to believe that you dont have the ROC (Raid on
Chip) option that is required.

- LC