PDA

View Full Version : Windows Clustering with Compaq F2 Storage array

JB Lee
July 16th 04, 04:22 PM
I have a Compaq F2 storage array that has 8 disks and 2 external SCSI
connectors in the back. I am trying to use this as the shared storage
in a windows cluster. My problem is this. The 2 SCSI controllers are
not shared. They each control 4 sets of disks. So SCSI 1 - Controls 4
disks and the SCSI 2-Controls the other 4.

In order for me to use this as a cluster storage I need to at minium,
share one of the SCSI controllers between two servers, or share both
scsi controllers between two servers. Someone had mentioned a "Y"
Cable to split and share one scsi controllers.

Anyone know if this can be done? Any help would be appreciated. This
is an older box and not too much documentation can be found.

Nut Cracker
July 16th 04, 11:50 PM
what you need is the SCSI backplane that has an intelligent switch built
into it. It was part of the Compaq Recovery Server Option kit ... these are
very hard to find now.

However, I have one if you are interested in it : )

It uses standard cabling too (no Y adapter or cable needed) ... It will
slide right into the slot in the back of the F2. It is NOT hotswappable, so
the lockdown clips are grey, and not the conventional Port Wine color we
associate with hotplug devices.

hit me at info at dnsplus dot net to discuss its purchase.

- LC