PDA

View Full Version : Re: Compaq servers are rubbish !

Guy Macon
July 11th 04, 08:06 AM
Harlan Osier > says...

>Better buy old Apple II systems or TI 99/4As as servers !

Every day, a troll goes hungry. These are not trolls just in some
third-world country, but right here at home. The growing rate of trolls
is alarming. In the United States alone, the number of hungry trolls is
expanding at a rate of 1 troll for every 5 AOL CD's.

For example, take little Harlan here. On his local message board, he does
not even gain enough responses to fill a 3 1/4" floppy. He has been forced
to go into Yahoo! chat rooms and pose as a woman, just for enough food to
last the night.

Sponsoring a troll is easy. For the cost of sending just one email or
usenet post, your contribution (along with others) helps keep one troll
fed for a month. If you include your email address, you can get weekly
or daily letters from your troll. Think of what one post from you could
mean to a hungry troll.

Please. Feed a troll today.

Hank Arnold
July 11th 04, 10:30 AM
Boy, I'm glad you posted this!!! I'm going into work tomorrow and dump those
servers that we have had running for over a year with zero problems!!
Thanks!!!

P.S. Know anywhere that I can get my hands on 10,000 Apple II's???
TIA..........

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Harlan Osier" > wrote in message
om...
> Better buy old Apple II systems or TI 99/4As as servers !

Guy Macon
July 11th 04, 05:32 PM
Hank Arnold > says...

>Boy, I'm glad you posted this!!! I'm going into work tomorrow and dump those
>servers that we have had running for over a year with zero problems!!
>Thanks!!!

Mail them to me. I am so generous that I will pay the postage! :)

>P.S. Know anywhere that I can get my hands on 10,000 Apple II's???

Everone knows that, once you go past 1024 nodes, a Commodore 128
cluster is far superior to an Apple II cluster. The added Z80 and
CP/M make all of the difference!

.--.
______.-------------| |
The plug is pulled `---.||_/ | ||