PDA

View Full Version : Any RAID Box That Will Work With QLogic 2200F

CHANGE USERNAME TO westes
July 9th 04, 05:24 PM
Does Compaq make any RAID box that takes the standard Compaq hotswap trays
and allows clients to connect to logical volumes using third party fibre
channel cards like QLogic 2200F? The older Compaq Fibre Channel Array RAID
cabinet is totally proprietary and only works with Compaq fibre cards, which
are themselves proprietary and don't seem to work well with anything except
Compaq RAID boxes.

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

NuTCrAcKeR
July 10th 04, 12:56 AM
You can use the Emulex LP7000 series controllers with the RA4*00 cabinets.
Use the stock windows drivers, and make sure that from the controller bios
at boot time that they are configured for LOOP only.

Otherwise, you have to use the StorageWorks Fibre Channel / P adapters.

I have not been able to get the RA cabinets to work with the GL2200F
controllers.

- LC

"CHANGE USERNAME TO westes" > wrote in
message ...
> Does Compaq make any RAID box that takes the standard Compaq hotswap trays
> and allows clients to connect to logical volumes using third party fibre
> channel cards like QLogic 2200F? The older Compaq Fibre Channel Array
RAID
> cabinet is totally proprietary and only works with Compaq fibre cards,
which
> are themselves proprietary and don't seem to work well with anything
except
> Compaq RAID boxes.
>
> --
> Will
> westes AT earthbroadcast.com

CHANGE USERNAME TO westes
July 26th 04, 06:57 PM
What configuration settings were required on the LP7000 in order to have it
work with the Compaq RA4*000 cabinets?

--

"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> You can use the Emulex LP7000 series controllers with the RA4*00 cabinets.
> Use the stock windows drivers, and make sure that from the controller bios
> at boot time that they are configured for LOOP only.
>
> Otherwise, you have to use the StorageWorks Fibre Channel / P adapters.
>
> I have not been able to get the RA cabinets to work with the GL2200F
> controllers.
>
> - LC

NuTCrAcKeR
August 3rd 04, 01:44 AM
I used the stock w2k drivers. anything else (ala OEM) wouldnt work.