PDA

View Full Version : DL380 series Remote insight nightmare...

July 9th 04, 09:59 AM
Hi,

Firstly, I've inherited this mess from the previous chief techy so don't
groan too much...

We've got 4x CPQ DL380 G2 machines and an HP DL380 G3 machine at our colo
facility. They all have remote insight boards fitted of varying
descriptions. The DL380 G2 machines apparently (despite having) RIB boards
don't reboot unless there is a keyboard and mouse plugged into them. The G2
machines have PCI RIB cards and the G3 has an integrated iLo. The G3
machine is fine (the one I set up!) and doesn't require keyboards and mice.

Any ideas how to begin to resolve this mess? The hosting company really
don't like a pile of keyboards and mice dangling out of the back of their
rack - neither do i!

Unfortunately I've never dealt with Compaq servers before so I don't know
the ins and outs of Remote Insight apart from the user perspective.

Cheers,

- Chris.

Rod R.
July 9th 04, 12:49 PM
For the G2, you should be able to run headless if you either: 1) have the RILO in slot #1 and
the internal 16-30 pin cable connected to the mother board, OR 2) have the external loopback
cable connected (without keyboard/mouse attached). Do not do both.