PDA

View Full Version : Compaq ML350 g2 with LC2 raid need Array config tool

Michael Jenkin
July 5th 04, 11:49 AM
Hello,

We have a Compaq ML350 g2 with LC2 raid card. We need to remove the
spare drive and create a second RAID from within Windows 2000.
The smartstart CD 5, insight manager 5 does not seem to have such a
tool.

I am looking for something like a Compaq Array configuration utility for
the LC2 for Windows. I can only find Smartarray or NT 4 software.

Any ideas ?

Thankyou in advance
--
Michael J. Jenkin MVP - SBS, Senior Systems Engineer , Millennium
Business Solutions

NuTCrAcKeR
July 5th 04, 10:09 PM
download and install the support paq for 2000 (v7.10A). This will have a
browser based ACU that you should be able to use with your server to
configure the disks. Also, software RAID is a nasty thing to do to your
server.. avoid it if possible.

- LC

"Michael Jenkin" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We have a Compaq ML350 g2 with LC2 raid card. We need to remove the
> spare drive and create a second RAID from within Windows 2000.
> The smartstart CD 5, insight manager 5 does not seem to have such a
> tool.
>
> I am looking for something like a Compaq Array configuration utility for
> the LC2 for Windows. I can only find Smartarray or NT 4 software.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thankyou in advance
> --
> Michael J. Jenkin MVP - SBS, Senior Systems Engineer , Millennium
> Business Solutions
> Microsoft Most Valued Professional, Microsoft's Windows Server Systems -
> Small Business Server
> MVP's do not work for Microsoft. If this email was generated in a
> newsgroup, please reply only to the newsgroup.
> Note: The contents of my postings and responses here represent my
> personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or
> feelings of Microsoft or any of its employees.
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Martin Rogoff
July 6th 04, 05:33 PM
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:09:34 -0500, "NuTCrAcKeR"
> wrote:

>download and install the support paq for 2000 (v7.10A). This will have a
>browser based ACU that you should be able to use with your server to
>configure the disks. Also, software RAID is a nasty thing to do to your
>server.. avoid it if possible.
>
>- LC
>
>"Michael Jenkin" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> We have a Compaq ML350 g2 with LC2 raid card. We need to remove the
>> spare drive and create a second RAID from within Windows 2000.
>> The smartstart CD 5, insight manager 5 does not seem to have such a
>> tool.
>>
>> I am looking for something like a Compaq Array configuration utility for
>> the LC2 for Windows. I can only find Smartarray or NT 4 software.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Thankyou in advance
>> --
>> Michael J. Jenkin MVP - SBS, Senior Systems Engineer , Millennium
>> Business Solutions
>> Microsoft Most Valued Professional, Microsoft's Windows Server Systems -
>> Small Business Server
>> MVP's do not work for Microsoft. If this email was generated in a
>> newsgroup, please reply only to the newsgroup.
>> Note: The contents of my postings and responses here represent my
>> personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or
>> feelings of Microsoft or any of its employees.
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

The on-line and off-line ACU utilities do not support the LC2. The
only way to configure a LC2 is to reboot and hit F8 when the LC2
banner appears. This will run the ROM based configuration utility.