PDA

View Full Version : New install on 1600 error 45

Adam Raff
June 3rd 04, 02:33 AM
Hi

I hope someone can help me. I have a Compaq Prolient 1600. I updated the
Bios, the Firmware on the Raid controller (3200) and the Disks. All are now
up to Compaq speck.

I insert the Smart Start CD 4.90 and let it go do it's thing. I choose the
self configure since I do not have a floppy that I may need. I then answer
all the questions and I get to the point where in configures the raid. I
pick a mirror set and a raid 5 set and then it reboots.

At this point when it starts up it starts to create the hidden partition for
the utilities and this is where I get the error 45 and I have to then run
the erase utility and start again. This has happened twice now. I have
checked there site and have had not luck with this error. The only thing
that I found was that there was a problem with the 4.90 CD so I ordered a
5.5 CD to see it this may fix the issue. Has anybody had this problem or
know how to get around it.

I am thinking of installing everything from scratch but I can't find the
utility to create the partition and configure the raid. I believe I may be
able to create them from the smart start CD is this correct?

thanks in advance
Adam Raff

Sharmon
June 3rd 04, 12:16 PM
As far as the "configuration disk" it is simply a formated disk with
one file on it which is simply a blank text file that you can create
yourself . The file name is specific but I don't recall it , someone
here fill in the blank please .

>Hi
>
>I hope someone can help me. I have a Compaq Prolient 1600. I updated the
>Bios, the Firmware on the Raid controller (3200) and the Disks. All are now
>up to Compaq speck.
>
>I insert the Smart Start CD 4.90 and let it go do it's thing. I choose the
>self configure since I do not have a floppy that I may need. I then answer
>all the questions and I get to the point where in configures the raid. I
>pick a mirror set and a raid 5 set and then it reboots.
>
>At this point when it starts up it starts to create the hidden partition for
>the utilities and this is where I get the error 45 and I have to then run
>the erase utility and start again. This has happened twice now. I have
>checked there site and have had not luck with this error. The only thing
>that I found was that there was a problem with the 4.90 CD so I ordered a
>5.5 CD to see it this may fix the issue. Has anybody had this problem or
>know how to get around it.
>
>I am thinking of installing everything from scratch but I can't find the
>utility to create the partition and configure the raid. I believe I may be
>able to create them from the smart start CD is this correct?
>
>thanks in advance
>Adam Raff

NuTCrAcKeR
June 3rd 04, 04:04 PM
there is also a "utility" that will create the file for you. its called
something like the system profile disk. But yes, its true. A simple blank
file with a certain name is all it needs.

- LC

"Sharmon" > wrote in message
> As far as the "configuration disk" it is simply a formated disk with
> one file on it which is simply a blank text file that you can create
> yourself . The file name is specific but I don't recall it , someone
> here fill in the blank please .
>

> >Hi
> >
> >I hope someone can help me. I have a Compaq Prolient 1600. I updated
the
> >Bios, the Firmware on the Raid controller (3200) and the Disks. All are
now
> >up to Compaq speck.
> >
> >I insert the Smart Start CD 4.90 and let it go do it's thing. I choose
the
> >self configure since I do not have a floppy that I may need. I then
answer
> >all the questions and I get to the point where in configures the raid. I
> >pick a mirror set and a raid 5 set and then it reboots.
> >
> >At this point when it starts up it starts to create the hidden partition
for
> >the utilities and this is where I get the error 45 and I have to then run
> >the erase utility and start again. This has happened twice now. I have
> >checked there site and have had not luck with this error. The only thing
> >that I found was that there was a problem with the 4.90 CD so I ordered a
> >5.5 CD to see it this may fix the issue. Has anybody had this problem or
> >know how to get around it.
> >
> >I am thinking of installing everything from scratch but I can't find the
> >utility to create the partition and configure the raid. I believe I may
be
> >able to create them from the smart start CD is this correct?
> >
> >thanks in advance
> >Adam Raff

Sharmon
June 3rd 04, 10:29 PM
SPD.ini

>there is also a "utility" that will create the file for you. its called
>something like the system profile disk. But yes, its true. A simple blank
>file with a certain name is all it needs.
>
>- LC
>
>"Sharmon" > wrote in message
>> As far as the "configuration disk" it is simply a formated disk with
>> one file on it which is simply a blank text file that you can create
>> yourself . The file name is specific but I don't recall it , someone
>> here fill in the blank please .
>>

>> >Hi
>> >
>> >I hope someone can help me. I have a Compaq Prolient 1600. I updated
>the
>> >Bios, the Firmware on the Raid controller (3200) and the Disks. All are
>now
>> >up to Compaq speck.
>> >
>> >I insert the Smart Start CD 4.90 and let it go do it's thing. I choose
>the
>> >self configure since I do not have a floppy that I may need. I then
>answer
>> >all the questions and I get to the point where in configures the raid. I
>> >pick a mirror set and a raid 5 set and then it reboots.
>> >
>> >At this point when it starts up it starts to create the hidden partition
>for
>> >the utilities and this is where I get the error 45 and I have to then run
>> >the erase utility and start again. This has happened twice now. I have
>> >checked there site and have had not luck with this error. The only thing
>> >that I found was that there was a problem with the 4.90 CD so I ordered a
>> >5.5 CD to see it this may fix the issue. Has anybody had this problem or
>> >know how to get around it.
>> >
>> >I am thinking of installing everything from scratch but I can't find the
>> >utility to create the partition and configure the raid. I believe I may
>be
>> >able to create them from the smart start CD is this correct?
>> >
>> >thanks in advance
>> >Adam Raff

Adam Raff
June 4th 04, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the info on the disk, Does anybody know anything about this
error 45 problem. I have looked all over the web did the google thing with
no luck.

Thank again
Adam Raff

"Sharmon" > wrote in message
> SPD.ini
>
> >there is also a "utility" that will create the file for you. its called
> >something like the system profile disk. But yes, its true. A simple blank
> >file with a certain name is all it needs.
> >
> >- LC
> >
> >"Sharmon" > wrote in message
> >> As far as the "configuration disk" it is simply a formated disk with
> >> one file on it which is simply a blank text file that you can create
> >> yourself . The file name is specific but I don't recall it , someone
> >> here fill in the blank please .

> >the
> >now

> >the
> >answer

> >for

> >be

Adam Raff
June 4th 04, 01:26 AM
Where does one get this utility for the disk creation

Thanks
Adam

"Sharmon" > wrote in message
> SPD.ini
>
> >there is also a "utility" that will create the file for you. its called
> >something like the system profile disk. But yes, its true. A simple blank
> >file with a certain name is all it needs.
> >
> >- LC
> >
> >"Sharmon" > wrote in message
> >> As far as the "configuration disk" it is simply a formated disk with
> >> one file on it which is simply a blank text file that you can create
> >> yourself . The file name is specific but I don't recall it , someone
> >> here fill in the blank please .

> >the
> >now

> >the
> >answer

> >for

> >be

NuTCrAcKeR
June 4th 04, 02:22 AM
You didnt even look, did you ?

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html

... teach a man to fish....

- LC

"Adam Raff" > wrote in message
> Where does one get this utility for the disk creation
>
> Thanks
> Adam
>
> "Sharmon" > wrote in message
> > SPD.ini
> >
> > >there is also a "utility" that will create the file for you. its called
> > >something like the system profile disk. But yes, its true. A simple
blank
> > >file with a certain name is all it needs.
> > >
> > >- LC

> > >the
> are
> > >now

> choose
> > >the
> > >answer

> partition
> > >for
> run
> have
> thing
> ordered a
> or

> the
> may
> > >be

Adam Raff
June 4th 04, 08:52 PM
NuTCrAcKeR,

At the time that I wrote the last letter I did not know what the utility was
or what it was called.

The software that I found there earlier allowed me to update the firmware on
the system which includes the smart array, drives and bios. I did not find
any drive array config for dos mode, it is only for windows. The Compaq
system configured allows me to boot into the system but when I want to
configure the drive array it asks for another set of disks. I checked the
disk that are created (4) and it is not on those disks. The erase utility
is the same as on the Smart Start disk.

The reason why I am telling you this is to let you know that I did look.
Second the error 45 may be a bad smart start which was on the HP web site on
another forum, bad batch so I have order another smart start CD 5.5 which is
the latest that I can run with this system. But if I have to I would like
to build this system from scratch which is why I was also looking for the
Raid array config for dos and any other utilities that I would need. If you
know where I can get a paper or something that will point me on what I will
need that would be great.

Thanks
Adam

"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> You didnt even look, did you ?
>
> http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html
>
> .. teach a man to fish....
>
> - LC
>
> "Adam Raff" > wrote in message
> > Where does one get this utility for the disk creation
> >
> > Thanks
> > Adam
> >
> > "Sharmon" > wrote in message
> > > SPD.ini

> blank

> updated
All
> > are

> > choose
> raid.

> > partition
> then
> > run
> > have
> > thing
> > ordered a
> problem
> > or

> > the
> > may

NuTCrAcKeR
June 5th 04, 08:40 AM
you could have downloaded 5.30 from me and had your answer by now...

- LC

"Adam Raff" > wrote in message
> NuTCrAcKeR,
>
> At the time that I wrote the last letter I did not know what the utility
was
> or what it was called.
>
> The software that I found there earlier allowed me to update the firmware
on
> the system which includes the smart array, drives and bios. I did not
find
> any drive array config for dos mode, it is only for windows. The Compaq
> system configured allows me to boot into the system but when I want to
> configure the drive array it asks for another set of disks. I checked the
> disk that are created (4) and it is not on those disks. The erase utility
> is the same as on the Smart Start disk.
>
> The reason why I am telling you this is to let you know that I did look.
> Second the error 45 may be a bad smart start which was on the HP web site
on
> another forum, bad batch so I have order another smart start CD 5.5 which
is
> the latest that I can run with this system. But if I have to I would like
> to build this system from scratch which is why I was also looking for the
> Raid array config for dos and any other utilities that I would need. If
you
> know where I can get a paper or something that will point me on what I
will
> need that would be great.
>
> Thanks
> Adam
>

> "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > You didnt even look, did you ?
> >
> > http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html
> >
> > .. teach a man to fish....
> >
> > - LC
> >
> > "Adam Raff" > wrote in message
> > > Where does one get this utility for the disk creation
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Adam

> called
> > blank

> with
> create
> someone

> > updated
> All
> > > are

> > > choose
> then
> > raid.

> > > partition
> > then
> > > run
> > > have
> only
> > > thing
> > > ordered a
> > problem
> > > or

> find
> > > the
> > > may

Adam Raff
June 8th 04, 01:34 AM
For those that helped thank you.

The problem is now fixed, I had to remove memory from the system bring it
down to 512 from 1 gig. Once that was done the install went fine using the
4.90 CD.

Adam

"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> you could have downloaded 5.30 from me and had your answer by now...
>
> - LC
>
> "Adam Raff" > wrote in message
> > NuTCrAcKeR,
> >
> > At the time that I wrote the last letter I did not know what the utility
> was
> > or what it was called.
> >
> > The software that I found there earlier allowed me to update the
firmware
> on
> > the system which includes the smart array, drives and bios. I did not
> find
> > any drive array config for dos mode, it is only for windows. The Compaq
> > system configured allows me to boot into the system but when I want to
> > configure the drive array it asks for another set of disks. I checked
the
> > disk that are created (4) and it is not on those disks. The erase
utility
> > is the same as on the Smart Start disk.
> >
> > The reason why I am telling you this is to let you know that I did look.
> > Second the error 45 may be a bad smart start which was on the HP web
site
> on
> > another forum, bad batch so I have order another smart start CD 5.5
which
> is
> > the latest that I can run with this system. But if I have to I would
like
> > to build this system from scratch which is why I was also looking for
the
> > Raid array config for dos and any other utilities that I would need. If
> you
> > know where I can get a paper or something that will point me on what I
> will
> > need that would be great.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Adam
> >

> > "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > > You didnt even look, did you ?
> > >
> > > http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html
> > >
> > > .. teach a man to fish....
> > >
> > > - LC

> > called
> > > blank

> > with
> > create
> > someone

> > > updated
Disks.
> > All

> > then
> > > raid.

> > > then
> > only
> > > problem

> > find
> believe

Nut Cracker
June 9th 04, 08:17 PM
Hrmmm
<agent 86>the old "too much memory in the server for the tool to work
correctly trick" </agent 86>

its been a long time since i have seen that one. Good job.

- LC