PDA

View Full Version : Third Party RAM

Ric
May 24th 04, 01:56 PM
Are there any consequences to adding third party DIMMs to an old ProLiant
ML-350? Are there any brands that should be avoided?

Thanks,
Richard.

Nut Cracker
May 25th 04, 09:51 PM
Generally, there are no problems. Make sure its the right speed, and type.
Thats about it.

LC

"Ric" > wrote in message
> Are there any consequences to adding third party DIMMs to an old ProLiant
> ML-350? Are there any brands that should be avoided?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.

GaryDawg
May 26th 04, 02:20 AM
"Nut Cracker" > wrote in message
> Generally, there are no problems. Make sure its the right speed, and type.
> Thats about it.
>
> LC
>
> "Ric" > wrote in message
> > Are there any consequences to adding third party DIMMs to an old
ProLiant
> > ML-350? Are there any brands that should be avoided?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard.

Richard,

I kept my eye for a deal on eBay. Kept looking for "1GB PC133 ECC Reg"
memory because that is what my ML370 takes. I was hoping to get a deal on
1GB. I ended up getting 2GB for $225! It was Dataram brand, no problem. I
even ran memory test on it after I received it, no problem. It's in there
now. Can't believe I would ever own a machine with 2 Gig of RAM. I remember
the days when I was buying 1MB for $50.00 used. Remember the silicon
"shortage" a few years back?

Just find out the flavor your machine takes, buy a name brand from someone
(or somewhere) with a good reputation. If I bought that memory retail, I
would not have been able to justify the price.

Good Luck!
-Gary

admin too
June 2nd 04, 09:16 PM
"Ric" > wrote in message
> Are there any consequences to adding third party DIMMs to an old ProLiant
> ML-350? Are there any brands that should be avoided?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.

I've had good luck with memory from www.crucial.com for a ML 330 G2 and an
old 1600.

Hank Arnold
June 3rd 04, 10:22 AM
Same here with a DL 360 Rack Mounted server.

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold