PDA

View Full Version : Proliant 5000 cpus not reconised

imiddleton25
May 20th 04, 12:36 PM
My proliant 5000 only shows one cpu when booting nt4 server all four show
up in bios detection. anyone got any ideas.
Also anyone got a copy of smartsart 5.5 or earlier that i can download or
you upload to my ftp server.?????

NuTCrAcKeR
May 20th 04, 04:28 PM
I have smartstart but you dont need it for this

you need to upgrade the HAL to support multiprocessors under 4.0. CPQ has a
wonderful utility to do that. DL the SSD for 4.0 and run it (
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/16263.html ). One
of the tools will be the hal upgrade utility. You will need an exploded
service pack dir from which it will need to use files. If you are running
SP6a (which you chould be, actually.. you *shouldnt* be running 4.0 at all,
that box does just fine on 2k), make sure you have the sp files on the
drives somewhere.

give that a shot and let us know what happens,

LC

lkaboutcomputing.com...