PDA

View Full Version : need a 3 drive ribbon cable

tele64
May 4th 04, 01:03 AM
Where can I get a 3 drive 40 Pin Ribbon cable???

Thanks in advance,

tele64

NuT CrAcKeR
May 4th 04, 02:40 AM
you cant

40 pin is for ide. and that limits you to two drives per ribbon/channel

cant get no 3 drives on a channel

lc

"tele64" > wrote in message
. ..
> Where can I get a 3 drive 40 Pin Ribbon cable???
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> tele64

tele64
May 4th 04, 02:49 AM
I don't "buy"this"... where's HH?

NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> you cant
>
> 40 pin is for ide. and that limits you to two drives per ribbon/channel
>
> cant get no 3 drives on a channel
>
> lc
>
> "tele64" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Where can I get a 3 drive 40 Pin Ribbon cable???
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > tele64

tele64
May 4th 04, 02:55 AM
You're wrong....Pls reply HH.....

"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> you cant
>
> 40 pin is for ide. and that limits you to two drives per ribbon/channel
>
> cant get no 3 drives on a channel
>
> lc
>
> "tele64" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Where can I get a 3 drive 40 Pin Ribbon cable???
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > tele64

Rod R.
May 4th 04, 02:08 PM
http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=IDE3

"tele64" > wrote in message
. ..
> You're wrong....Pls reply HH.....
>

> "NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > you cant
> >
> > 40 pin is for ide. and that limits you to two drives per ribbon/channel
> >
> > cant get no 3 drives on a channel
> >
> > lc
> >
> > "tele64" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > Where can I get a 3 drive 40 Pin Ribbon cable???
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > tele64

Rod R.
May 4th 04, 02:58 PM
He wanted it. He's got it.

"MattD.." > wrote in message
> On Tuesday 04 May 2004 14:08, the murky waters churned and seethed, the
dark
> weeds parted and the water took on the sinister, shifting visage of Rod
R..
> The great maw opened and the following was heard:
>
> > http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=IDE3
>
> What a pointless and, more importantly, dangerous item.
> --
> MattD..
> mattd145 <at> onetel <dot> com

NuT CrAcKeR
May 4th 04, 05:04 PM
what does this possibly have to do with compaq servers? It looks like you
have made the greater err by posting this dribble in an inappropriate group.

and who is HH ?

LC

"tele64" > wrote in message
. ..
> You're wrong....Pls reply HH.....
>

> "NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > you cant
> >
> > 40 pin is for ide. and that limits you to two drives per ribbon/channel
> >
> > cant get no 3 drives on a channel
> >
> > lc
> >
> > "tele64" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > Where can I get a 3 drive 40 Pin Ribbon cable???
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > tele64

tele64
May 5th 04, 02:04 AM
On Tuesday 05 May 2004, the murky waters churned and seethed, the dark
weeds parted and the water took on the sinister, shifting visage of MattD..
The great maw (WHAT'S A ****IN MAW?)opened and the following was heard:

What's a maw? In triplicate, on my desk by 9AM!

"Rod R." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s04...

> He wanted it. He's got it.
>
> "MattD.." > wrote in message
> > On Tuesday 04 May 2004 14:08, the murky waters churned and seethed, the
> dark
> > weeds parted and the water took on the sinister, shifting visage of Rod
> R..
> > The great maw opened and the following was heard:
> >
> > > http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=IDE3
> >
> > What a pointless and, more importantly, dangerous item.
> > --
> > MattD..
> > mattd145 <at> onetel <dot> com

tele64
May 5th 04, 02:08 AM
I can see that you're "normally" a nice person until you get in to
newsgroups....try dating or something....

"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> what does this possibly have to do with compaq servers? It looks like you
> have made the greater err by posting this dribble in an inappropriate
group.

> and who is HH ?
>
> LC
>
> "tele64" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > You're wrong....Pls reply HH.....
> >

> > "NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > > you cant
> > >
> > > 40 pin is for ide. and that limits you to two drives per
ribbon/channel

> > > cant get no 3 drives on a channel
> > >
> > > lc
> > >
> > > "tele64" > wrote in message
> > > . ..

NuT CrAcKeR
May 5th 04, 03:39 AM
*plonk*

"tele64" > wrote in message
.. .
> I can see that you're "normally" a nice person until you get in to
> newsgroups....try dating or something....
>

> "NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > what does this possibly have to do with compaq servers? It looks like
you
> > have made the greater err by posting this dribble in an inappropriate
> group.
> >
> > and who is HH ?
> >
> > LC
> >
> > "tele64" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > You're wrong....Pls reply HH.....

> ribbon/channel

Larry
May 5th 04, 05:14 AM
"tele64" > wrote in message
.. .
> I can see that you're "normally" a nice person until you get in to
> newsgroups....try dating or something....

Uhm, now hold it right there a minute! As an unbiased, uninterested, third
party I strongly feel the need to point out just exactly how skewed your way
of thinking really is.

You ask a question, then 'don't like the answer', so you turn it into an
argument.

These folks went out of their way to *try* to help you and this is how you
treat them?

A real *winner* you are! Right into the recycle bin you go!

Larry