PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of the devel... Who was looking for a 486 class CPU?

Dan
April 25th 04, 03:46 PM
Someone was looking for a 486 CPU for a Proliant system?
-- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3073167913

No, I'm not selling it. And yes -- in my opinion it is quite expensive.

Dan French

NuT CrAcKeR
April 25th 04, 09:05 PM
GUY MACON is the man you are thinking of...

He was just posting here a couple days ago.

Beware with those things... there are 2 models of the 486board. One was for
the 2000 and would only work with one other proc board, and the other was
for the 2000/4000 and would work with up to 4 in a system. If you mix them,
the system whines and ****es about it. I have seen it first hand. I use to
have a couple 486 boards... lonnnnng time ago.

Ok, im done. time for coff-ay and pizza.

LC

"Dan" pamcop.net> wrote
in message ...
> Someone was looking for a 486 CPU for a Proliant system?
> -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3073167913
>
> No, I'm not selling it. And yes -- in my opinion it is quite expensive.
>
> Dan French

NuT CrAcKeR
April 25th 04, 11:23 PM
Yeah... that board (i just looked at the link) is one of the dual capable
boards i was talking about.

Guy has been popping a tent for 4 of those for as long as i can remember..

LC